Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:42 pm

Renegades looks bad. The dialogue is terrible and the acting is completely unconvincing. I get that it's low budget independent, but that doesn't excuse the dialogue that's shown in the trailers. Unless they're planning to do some serious rewrites and recasting, I would prefer for them not to go ahead with the series. Dorn's pitch looks like the much better option. But, I'm biased considering Worf is one of the strongest characters of any of the shows, and I'm interested to see his evolution to captain.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 4:25 am

RandyG wrote:
I think they've kind of worn out the possible permutations. There's been the original premise updated (TNG), a space station that doesn't boldly go anywhere (DS9), an isolated ship half of whose crew has attitude problems (Voyager), a prequel series with less advanced technology (Enterprise). I think the only thing left that wouldn't seem like mere rehash would be a series set in the Star Trek universe, but focusing on the world outside Starfleet. How about a detective series ... or a James Bond type of civilian agent ... and like Bond, he sometimes interacts with the military. So you could have the odd cameo by Captain Worf or Lieutenant Crusher. Just rambling here.

What about a series about the Federation Expansion into the Delta Quadrant and new species joining it, far in the future with more advanced technology. That would be interesting.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 11:49 am

For many years, I've thought the best way to do a Star Trek show would follow one of 3 formulas:
1. Follow the Next Generation template and set it another 100 years in the future.
2. Go to the 29th century and make the show about one of the Timeships mentioned in Voyager. A Starfleet crew tasked with preserving the timeline.
3. Keep it set in the "current" (TNG/DS) timeline but have it focus on Section 31.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 12:55 pm

Whenever Cpt.Picard asked for suggestions Worf's idea was always a full spread of photon torpedoes.

Picard:What are going to do to help these miners escape the collapsed mine?
Worf:Full spread of photon torpedoes captain.

Picard:How do we get the orphans off this dangerous planet in time?
Worf:Full spread of photon torpedoes captain.

I don't think Picard ever followed one of Worf's suggestions to my memory.

Someone with a lot of time on their hands also noticed this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm

the future, when the Klingons already joined the federation and travel to other galaxy like andromeda galaxy

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 6:51 pm

I vote for:

-Department of Temporal Investigations
-Mirror Universe TNG (or future of it)
-The Maquis (if any are left)
-Starfleet Academy

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 10:17 am

I found this old topic back... and look what we have now. Two new Star Trek series. Discovery and a 'proper' one called The Orville. Unfortunately none of the previous good ideas that were posted here.

Discovery really ticked me off at the start, it got better after a few episodes, but I am still not happy with it.

About the Orville: The first episode was terrible. But later episodes had some really good things in them and shared certain qualities with TNG and I am really looking forward to the second season.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 8:58 am

Watched the first episode of Discovery - couldn't justify paying extra for it (it just didn't appeal to me that much).

The Orville is great - IMO, best thing Seth MacFarlane has done. :-)

so that the people say,

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 9:04 am

Asterisp wrote:
I found this old topic back... and look what we have now. Two new Star Trek series. Discovery and a 'proper' one called The Orville. Unfortunately none of the previous good ideas that were posted here.

Discovery really ticked me off at the start, it got better after a few episodes, but I am still not happy with it.

About the Orville: The first episode was terrible. But later episodes had some really good things in them and shared certain qualities with TNG and I am really looking forward to the second season.

But from what i heard Orville is comedy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 2:50 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Asterisp wrote:

It pretty much is, though it's also great Sci-Fi.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:08 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
Asterisp wrote:

It's a comedy, but not a parody. It's Star Trek with some toilet humor :)

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:15 pm

Bataar wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Asterisp wrote:

It's a comedy, but not a parody. It's Star Trek with some toilet humor :)

And some dramatic moments. :-) I haven't seen Discovery, but love The Orville.

so that the people say,

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 4:07 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
But not directed by J J Abrams, i want original time line back.

I heard that actor who played Worf Michael Dorn was intended to produce and direct new Star Trek series titled "Captain Worf"
http://screenrant.com/star-trek-captain ... hael-dorn/

But it was almost a year ago

Read the Titan Novel series. It is everything ST should be--a sleek vessel of exploration seeking out strange new worlds and new civilizations, boldly going where none have gone before. Not a rehash like the JJ films and not that geopolitical crapola from the Deep Space Nine era.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 5:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
slave wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Does anyone know if Captain Worf is even in production yet?

nope :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

me want Worf :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: BADLY!! ! !
(the show...not him :P :P :P )

Absolutely agreed! Worf is one of my all time favorite Trek characters, and I want to see that stranger (Klingon) in a strange land (the Federation), struggling as his Klingon nature, and what he believes what a Klingon ought to be, clashes with the world he lives in.

I think Worf would be terrible as the Captain of a Federation starship. Also, I'm wondering how he got back into Starfleet in time for Nemesis (if you recall at the end of DS9 he was ambassador to the Klingon Empire). However, I think he would do great as Captain...of a Klingon battle cruiser.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado