Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 5:56 am

But not directed by J J Abrams, i want original time line back.

I heard that actor who played Worf Michael Dorn was intended to produce and direct new Star Trek series titled "Captain Worf"
http://screenrant.com/star-trek-captain ... hael-dorn/

But it was almost a year ago

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 10:35 am

Meh. I'd rather see more "Star Wars" than "Star Trek." "Star Trek" got old a long time ago.

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2013, 3:31 pm

DarkRain wrote:
Meh. I'd rather see more "Star Wars" than "Star Trek." "Star Trek" got old a long time ago.

Who says we can't have both...

Draka
Raven
Raven

06 Aug 2013, 8:38 pm

While I'd certainly watch "Captain Worf," I think a new Star Trek show should take place in a different time period. Maybe start getting into the time travel is invented/being invented time periods, though it wouldn't necessarily have to focus on a time travelling crew.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 10:03 pm

Stargate and Firefly for me, please. Star Wars is too flashy for the small screen, and Star Trek is too predictable.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 12:53 am

Fnord wrote:
Stargate and Firefly for me, please. Star Wars is too flashy for the small screen, and Star Trek is too predictable.

Stargate would by nice, especially Stargate Atlantis :D

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

I'd like to see Captain Worf and Star Trek Academy with George Takei. Maybe they could give him (Takei) a male love interest, Maybe a Captain Jack Harkness crossover!

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 12:59 pm

Fnord wrote:

Firefly :hail:
That would be really great...

Startrek could use a good series. I liked an earlier idea around Starfleet Academy. But current management first has to be fired to get something good again.

RandyG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2013, 1:43 pm

I think they've kind of worn out the possible permutations. There's been the original premise updated (TNG), a space station that doesn't boldly go anywhere (DS9), an isolated ship half of whose crew has attitude problems (Voyager), a prequel series with less advanced technology (Enterprise). I think the only thing left that wouldn't seem like mere rehash would be a series set in the Star Trek universe, but focusing on the world outside Starfleet. How about a detective series ... or a James Bond type of civilian agent ... and like Bond, he sometimes interacts with the military. So you could have the odd cameo by Captain Worf or Lieutenant Crusher. Just rambling here.

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Aug 2013, 6:16 pm

Even before Enterprise came out, I remember having the idea that it would be cool to see a Star Trek series based on a ship that isn't part of the Federation. They could call it something like "Star Trek: Renegade". Make the cast a bunch of misfits of the usual varied alien races, that sort of take odd jobs and act as mercenaries, and don't swear alliance to any faction or race. I always sort of felt that the Federation viewpoint was just one perspective of the Star Trek universe, and that it would be interesting to see a show done from the perspective of a non-Federation crew, some of which could even go against the Federation in their personal viewpoints. It would be especially interesting to see them tackle some of the usual moral dilemmas common in the Star Trek series without the Prime Directive being of conern to guide their choices for them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 7:12 pm

Bitoku wrote:
... I remember having the idea that it would be cool to see a Star Trek series based on a ship that isn't part of the Federation. They could call it something like "Star Trek: Renegade". Make the cast a bunch of misfits of the usual varied alien races, that sort of take odd jobs and act as mercenaries, and don't swear alliance to any faction or race ...

Farscape, and to some extent Firefly.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Aug 2013, 10:31 am

I'd like to see a new series based in the parallel universe. I find it quite hard to watch TOS and TNG (and classic series of Doctor Who) because of the quality of the recordings, but I like the characters involved. I'd love it if someone would do to Star Trek what Russell T. Davies and Steven Moffat did to Doctor Who, but not just a few movies, a series. Maybe Sherlock-sized episodes would work better than 45 minute or hour long ones.

usaneanderthal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2015, 10:38 pm

ANY STAR TREK and i am happy

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 1:48 am

Does anyone know if Captain Worf is even in production yet?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 3:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

nope :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

me want Worf :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: BADLY!! !!
(the show...not him :P :P :P )

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 3:34 am

slave wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

nope :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

me want Worf :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: BADLY!! ! !
(the show...not him :P :P :P )

Absolutely agreed! Worf is one of my all time favorite Trek characters, and I want to see that stranger (Klingon) in a strange land (the Federation), struggling as his Klingon nature, and what he believes what a Klingon ought to be, clashes with the world he lives in.