Page 13 of 15 [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 6:59 am

I am speaking in general, referring to no particular person/s- hate is so tiring, and frankly, too many people just ain't worth the effort in terms of what good it'd do me. therefore, I don't hate anybody on these boards, but I do avoid some. a more fitting treatment of some people is just to ignore them, leave them to god. I am reminded of the words of Clarence Darrow, when asked if he wished ill of anybody in particular, and he replied, "no, but there have been obituaries that I have read with great enjoyment."

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 12:59 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:
Nope. I absolutely HATE modern liberals. They are the most annoying people in the WORLD right now.
Kid, given your age you probably just think that because you disagree with them politically. As someone who's more or less centre though, I've seen Conservatives do more of what annoys me, which is derailing discussions to add in issues of identity where there is none, getting offended by the dumbest things, and boycotting stuff because someone either says or does something they don't agree with. Up to a couple years ago, I would have agreed with you and I'm sure there are still annoying liberals around, but nine times out of ten it's actually been the conservatives who have been annoying as heck, often at the drop of a hat. They actually act like the right-wing equivalent of the worst sort of feminists and race activists that they criticize and are often Anita Sarkeesian bad except worse, because there are more of them.

In my experience, the reverse is more true.

Not that there aren't any annoying conservatives at all, but on average, I just prefer the ideas of those on the right more than the left.

I think a lot more people find the left to be annoying after witnessing their post election conduct.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 1:07 pm

Raptor wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:
Nope. I absolutely HATE modern liberals. They are the most annoying people in the WORLD right now.
Kid, given your age you probably just think that because you disagree with them politically. As someone who's more or less centre though, I've seen Conservatives do more of what annoys me, which is derailing discussions to add in issues of identity where there is none, getting offended by the dumbest things, and boycotting stuff because someone either says or does something they don't agree with. Up to a couple years ago, I would have agreed with you and I'm sure there are still annoying liberals around, but nine times out of ten it's actually been the conservatives who have been annoying as heck, often at the drop of a hat. They actually act like the right-wing equivalent of the worst sort of feminists and race activists that they criticize and are often Anita Sarkeesian bad except worse, because there are more of them.

Not that there aren't any annoying conservatives at all, but on average, I just prefer the ideas of those on the right more than the left.

I think a lot more people find the left to be annoying after witnessing their post election conduct.

Funny, because I came to a similar conclusion about Conservatives after witnessing their ongoing conduct since the election. :roll:

Last edited by Tross on 21 May 2018, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 1:15 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:

I wasn't talking about preferring the political ideas of one side or the other, but ok. I was talking about behaviour I have found reprehensible, which largely manifests in buzz killing and just killing the general mood, all because someone is offended by something. I have observed more Conservatives doing this in the last couple years. One other thing that irritates me to no end is that Conservatives are a bunch of hypocrites who think their conduct is more ok just because they agree more with right-wing ideals, so thanks for perpetuating that stereotype.

As for me, I'll call out annoying loudmouths wherever I see them regardless of their political position. Note, no one here is what I would call an annoying loudmouth but you do seem to be in support of one brand of loudmouth over another while I prefer neither.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 2:40 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I think both conservatives and liberals hate me.

This

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:00 pm

sly279 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

This

Yeah, but it's fun being the bad guy. :twisted:

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:04 pm

Some Aspies are conservatives. If you have met one Aspie, that only means you have met one Aspie.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2018, 5:38 pm

sly279 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

This

In what way do they each hate you?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2018, 5:51 pm

Tross wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:

Funny, because I came to a similar conclusion about Conservatives after witnessing their ongoing conduct since the election. :roll:

Yeah, what with all the crying, rioting, assaults, arson, and more crying, that the right did in "protest" after the election and inauguration.
What was I thinking....
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 7:10 pm

Tross wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I find a conservative society sounds easier for me to put up with compared to a liberal society.
Depends if you're talking about real liberals or the fake ones. SJWs and extreme left groups like ANTIFA are fake liberals.
But all liberals are SJWs. Right?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 7:14 pm

Raptor wrote:
Tross wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:

Yeah, what with all the crying, rioting, assaults, arson, and more crying, that the right did in "protest" after the election and inauguration.
What was I thinking....

Yep. That's what the majority of liberals did after the election. After all a guy like you would be above cherry picking. Right?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 9:15 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Tross wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:

What was I thinking....

Yep. That's what the majority of liberals did after the election. After all a guy like you would be above cherry picking. Right?

Can you find me some videos of conservatives rioting like that after Obama got elected twice?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 10:26 pm

Raptor wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Tross wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:

What was I thinking....

Can you find me some videos of conservatives rioting like that after Obama got elected twice?

I never said they did. Finding a small minority of conservatives rioting would still be cherry picking.

But nice try at misdirection. Using tit for tat tactics instead of addressing the actual point. It could have worked :wink:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 11:13 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Tross wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:

What was I thinking....

I never said they did. Finding a small minority of conservatives rioting would still be cherry picking.

But nice try at misdirection. Using tit for tat tactics instead of addressing the actual point. It could have worked :wink:

Whatever, but don't be surprised if when the elections draw near the republicans use some of those video clips to remind the voters of how the left acted. I don't think they'll need reminded, but...

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 11:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Tross wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tross wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:

What was I thinking....

Whatever, but don't be surprised if when the elections draw near the republicans use some of those video clips to remind the voters of how the left acted. I don't think they'll need reminded, but...

Don't worry. I won't be surprised if the republicans resort to that kind of mudslinging. In fact it will probably be both sides.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 12:07 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Tross wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I find a conservative society sounds easier for me to put up with compared to a liberal society.
Depends if you're talking about real liberals or the fake ones. SJWs and extreme left groups like ANTIFA are fake liberals.
But all liberals are SJWs. Right?
I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not, but no. Although the term "SJW" has been used quite loosely in the last couple years, not all Liberals are that extreme. Also, the main reason I don't believe SJWs are real Liberals is because one of the cores of Liberalism is a push for equality for all. In these more extreme groups I'm seeing a push to address women's issues and minority issues, but they're turning a blind eye to male and Caucasian issues. For example, some businesses and even entire industries have a quota where at least a certain number or percentage of their staff have to be either female or non-white, but no such quota exists for white guys. I believe in the glass ceiling and all, but what about what I like to call the glass wall, which makes it so much more difficult to land a job if you're white and male? Personally, I'm all for shattering both.

The point is, if Liberalism is founded on the idea of equality for all, that's something even white guys can have too. Advocating on behalf of some groups while turning a blind eye to the issues of others is therefore, not Liberalism. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a group focusing on the issues of one subset of the general population, but as a general philosophy people who claim to be Liberal should believe in true equality. Inequality is inequality no matter which group is getting the short end of the stick. Ergo, I don't believe SJWs are true Liberals.