Is it creepy for older men to prefer younger women?

Page 1 of 16 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Is it creepy for older guys to prefer younger women?
Poll ended at 29 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm
Yes 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 23 ]
Depends 30%  30%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 40

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 10:10 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S90LjqT_00U#t=12[/youtube]

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 3:08 am

thomas81 wrote:
Theres an even bigger taboo about younger men and older women who are attracted to each other. I've never understood the reason for that.

Maybe cause older women don't get the "rugged good-looks" that older men often get(provided they were good looking to begin with). :idea:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 5:05 am

If young men have a yen for young women, why is it strange that older men also have a yen for young women. Young women look better

ruveyn

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 6:11 am

ruveyn wrote:
If young men have a yen for young women, why is it strange that older men also have a yen for young women. Young women look better

ruveyn

There's nothing wrong with it until it becomes and exclusive interest or even an obsession with teenagers. When it becomes about the naivety and the age itself rather than the looks.

I think I look better at 27 than I did at 19, and much better than I did at 16...but still had lots of men 40+ trying to chat me up when I was a teenager, whereas they don't now. Just my boyfriend (mid 20s) and the occasional flirting with men in their early 20s. I am a bit fatter (that is being sorted out) but I'm better in every other way.

I personally don't find teenagers appealing sexually. I think I'll always find women in their sexual prime of mid-20s to mid 30s attractive, which will become problematic (but not exactly creepy) when I'm 50+, but hopefully my sex drive will be lower by then. If not, I'll probably hate that part of myself. I already feel guilty and hopeless about liking women who are more attractive than me (which in my head is the vast majority of them.) I don't know how old, average-looking men can lust over something so beautiful without any sense of 'no, I am not meant for that.'

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 6:41 am

Men have hard wired genetics to find women of child bearing age attractive. I don't find it in the least bit surprising that older men (of any age) fancy women in their twenties and to a lesser extent those in their thirties. It is obviously creepy if those "child bearing age" females are under legal age if the fancy for them them is acted on.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 7:17 am

I will admit I don't find older people of either sex attractive. People look their best when they are in their twenties and to some extent thirties. After that they start looking uglier and uglier as the years go by.

I am female, not male.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 7:23 am

Yes, but what I mean by that whenever I see a 50 year old man with a 20 year old woman.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 21 Dec 2013, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 7:24 am

Misslizard wrote:
I think men in their thirties are nice.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 7:32 am

TallyMan wrote:
Men have hard wired genetics to find women of child bearing age attractive. I don't find it in the least bit surprising that older men (of any age) fancy women in their twenties and to a lesser extent those in their thirties. It is obviously creepy if those "child bearing age" females are under legal age if the fancy for them them is acted on.

It's creepy when it's exclusively teenagers and not women in their prime child-bearing years (teens are not actually a woman's prime, despite what some people think.)

Also, I don't know how they can do it with this sense of being entitled to it. I'm just as attracted to hot women as they are, but I know what I look like and I take that into account. I guess having a 'biological imperative' to back them up is what makes men so shameless about it.

I hope I don't want to kill myself when I get old (I don't think I can actually ever do it, just ruminate on it,) but if it means being unlovable, I can see it happening. I might have to have kids (or adopt them) to have anyone still love me when I'm old. Or failing that, lots of cats. Or be one of those nun-like old women that dedicate themselves to social causes. I guess there are lots of good alternatives to being suicidal, so I guess that's why old women stick around because they're useful in lots of ways. It's still pretty tragic, though. I wish I was born a man at times like this.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 7:58 am

puddingmouse wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

It's creepy when it's exclusively teenagers and not women in their prime child-bearing years (teens are not actually a woman's prime, despite what some people think.)

Also, I don't know how they can do it with this sense of being entitled to it. I'm just as attracted to hot women as they are, but I know what I look like and I take that into account. I guess having a 'biological imperative' to back them up is what makes men so shameless about it.

I hope I don't want to kill myself when I get old (I don't think I can actually ever do it, just ruminate on it,) but if it means being unlovable, I can see it happening. I might have to have kids (or adopt them) to have anyone still love me when I'm old. Or failing that, lots of cats. Or be one of those nun-like old women that dedicate themselves to social causes. I guess there are lots of good alternatives to being suicidal, so I guess that's why old women stick around because they're useful in lots of ways. It's still pretty tragic, though. I wish I was born a man at times like this.

There is more to relationships than being of "child bearing age". I married an older woman who could not have any more children, simply because we got on well together and had some common interests. Plus I have no interest in having children (so I must be a genetic anomaly :lol: ) There have been some hiccups along the way but we are still together after more than 20 years. If you have a strong connection with someone then looks and the functionality of child bearing can be irrelevant.

As a 53 year old man my eyes can still appreciate the beauty of young women... I can look but I can't touch. :lol:

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 8:07 am

I always make it clear to my partner that I don't want to tie him down (unless he wants it in a bedroom sense.) If he's still with me when I'm your age, I'll probably be begging to go screw a 20-something and leave me with my cats and charity work. I couldn't tolerate the guilt of having a frustrated man around me all the time, and my pride couldn't tolerate being with someone who isn't attracted to me any more.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 8:14 am

puddingmouse wrote:
I always make it clear to my partner that I don't want to tie him down (unless he wants it in a bedroom sense.) If he's still with me when I'm your age, I'll probably be begging to go screw a 20-something and leave me with my cats and charity work. I couldn't tolerate the guilt of having a frustrated man around me all the time, and my pride couldn't tolerate being with someone who isn't attracted to me any more.

As you get older, being sexually attractive to your partner may become less important than the mutual support and friendship you give one another. In one's youth physical attractiveness and sex is very important. After twenty years with someone it is less important. You may find the same thing; though you may find it hard to imagine now. All men have a roaming eye whatever their age and their marital status; they just don't usually act on that roving eye when they are happily married. My wife sometimes teases me when she notices me noticing some attractive young 18 year old, but she doesn't mind provided I don't act on it and I keep my dick in my pants. :lol: I've sometimes commented that "The only men who don't notice attractive young women are either dead or gay."

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 8:25 am

TallyMan wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

As you get older, being sexually attractive to your partner may become less important than the mutual support and friendship you give one another. In one's youth physical attractiveness and sex is very important. After twenty years with someone it is less important. You may find the same thing; though you may find it hard to imagine now. All men have a roaming eye whatever their age and their marital status; they just don't usually act on that roving eye when they are happily married. My wife sometimes teases me when she notices me noticing some attractive young 18 year old, but she doesn't mind provided I don't act on it and I keep my dick in my pants. :lol: I've sometimes commented that "The only men who don't notice attractive young women are either dead or gay."

To be fair, I'll probably still notice attractive young women when I'm older (18 is not to my taste though, more like 25 - I was like that even when I was 18 myself.) And I'll probably hate myself for it more then than I do now.

That's what I envy about men, the ability to lust over attractive women and not feel guilty about it, or in a lot of cases (not you) they feel entitled to have it. Sometimes seeing older men in a nightclub is like watching toddlers at Toys R Us - 'I should have it because I WANT it!'

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 8:28 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Yes, but what I mean by that whenever I see a 50 year old man with a 20 year old woman.

It doesn't bother me if the fifty year old is with a twenty-eight year old on up. By the time someone is twenty-eight, they know what they want, so why should I care if they are with a fifty year old? A twenty year old is too young to know what they want, their brains are not fully developed, and therefor easy for older people to prey on which is what I take issue with.
At twenty I would have never, ever dated a fifty year old because I have always considered fifty year olds of both sexes to be ugly. That's just how they look to me. That doesn't mean I would date a twenty year old now. No way. I consider myself to be asocial, nevertheless I have strong opinions what looks ugly and what doesn't. Aging is never attractive to me.

It disgusts me when really old people date teenagers and it happens where I live.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 8:32 am

puddingmouse wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

To be fair, I'll probably still notice attractive young women when I'm older (18 is not to my taste though, more like 25 - I was like that even when I was 18 myself.) And I'll probably hate myself for it more then than I do now.

That's what I envy about men, the ability to lust over attractive women and not feel guilty about it, or in a lot of cases (not you) they feel entitled to have it. Sometimes seeing older men in a nightclub is like watching toddlers at Toys R Us - 'I should have it because I WANT it!'

I'm comfortable enough with myself to not feel guilty for lusting over attractive young women; despite being more or less happily married. I reconcile that lust with being male. However, as I don't act on that lust or brief sexual fantasies, I don't feel guilty.

I understand what you mean about older men fawning over young women though. It looks ridiculous especially if they have a sense of entitlement about it. If I was single again I likely wouldn't refuse a one night stand with a pretty young woman but the odds on that happening would be slim to none and I'd count myself very lucky, or the woman blind :lol: , rather than feeling entitled. I couldn't get into a relationship with a young woman again though - I prefer the maturity and stability of older women.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 8:59 am

I just have so many memories of middle-aged men trying to take advantage of me when I was an autistic teenager. Now that I'm less naive (and in my opinion actually more attractive) they've pissed off, which is a good thing.

I feel guilty about being attracted to women because I don't feel worthy of it. Like, I'm a fairly young woman but I don't have that effect on other fairly young women...must be because I'm fugly compared to them (really it's more to do with most women not being anywhere near as gay as I am. If most women liked other women, I'd probably find it as easy to get a boyfriend as a girlfriend - but I have this illogical mental habit of blaming my fugliness and inferiority. There's a residual guilt from my upbringing about being unnatural, as well - I'd be lying to myself if I said I've completely got over it,)