Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2013, 12:06 am

Palakol wrote:
This depends on how one would define "without stopping". If it means consecutively without a break in rhythm (i.e. continuous pushups), I'd say around 80-100. At one point it was 140. If it simply means without getting back up, then I can do A LOT. I have no life. It gives me all day to do pushups. Haha

I would really like to see what kind of shape you're in to be able to bang out 140 push ups in a clip cuz I'm pretty tight and even I can't do that many!

[img][800:768]http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/Anthony_Guevara/me_body01_zps9b2a73ed.jpg[/img]

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2013, 1:20 am

Normally I used to do between 80 and 90 on the Army PT tests. Now with rotator cuff problems (work related not physical training related), I don't like to push it, and do maybe a set of 10 or 20 once or several times a day (if I remember to) every other day.

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2013, 2:24 pm

amboxer21 wrote:
I would really like to see what kind of shape you're in to be able to bang out 140 push ups in a clip cuz I'm pretty tight and even I can't do that many!

It's really more about technique and Glycolytic fitness rather than "tightness", and I have had over 20 years of practice. Of course body composition plays a role in it to some extent, and I was a semi-professional pugilist competing at 110 lbs.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:01 pm

Palakol wrote:
amboxer21 wrote:

It's really more about technique and Glycolytic fitness rather than "tightness", and I have had over 20 years of practice. Of course body composition plays a role in it to some extent, and I was a semi-professional pugilist competing at 110 lbs.

yeah as of last week, weighed 105#.

zero push ups.

used to be able to do 125. palms and toes. lower head until head touched reclining half liter water bottle.

but did not take videotape. certainly my back had to be bent or something.

b/c i could never bench press more than 100 pounds. and that was 10 years ago when i weighed 135.

obsessed with martial arts since age 9 or so. used to read books about it in the library. went to over 150 dojos. exhausted their Free Trial Lessons. at this point, not many dojos within commute distance that i could steal one free trial lesson from

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:03 pm

^^^125 :o damn, you were FIT. I never could do more than about 75.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^125 :o damn, you were FIT. I never could do more than about 75.

___________________________________________________________________________________

thank you very much Aunt Blabby.

but later i went to the CHP california highway patrol. physical fitness test. the requirement was 24 pushups in one minute. he told me i only did 22. he kept yelling "straight back".

they placed a device on the ground, such that someone could see when you lowered your chest low enough to touch it.

so i guess i lowered my chest low enough, but :roll: curved back :heart: .

whatever that means.

besides pushups are just one measurement of fitness. at the time that i could do 125 pushups, i could still only do 1 pull up.

and then once i did about 5 pull ups. when i was about 16. and weighed about 125.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:26 pm

^^^I never could do more than 5 chin-ups as well, arthritis eventually made me quit even that. :oops:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^I never could do more than 5 chin-ups as well, arthritis eventually made me quit even that. :oops:

yeah i'm rapidly getting physically weaker.

it's weird though b/c i was never cut.

always to that weak chinese frame.

after seventh grade, never skinny either

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:34 pm

you may be a natural endomorph, nothing wrong with that. I am a natural ectomorph who, when he slips up and gets fat, is exceptionally ungraceful to look at.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
you may be a natural endomorph, nothing wrong with that. I am a natural ectomorph who, when he slips up and gets fat, is exceptionally ungraceful to look at.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

yeah i am chinese. plenty of middle aged chinese men. five to five and a half feet tall. 100 to 130 pounds. soprano voice. little or no facial hair. that describes plenty of chinese men where i live.

the chinese tend to be ectomorphs. and yeah i was an ectomorph til age 12. then i went from 100 to 108 pounds in one summer. once ate over half an angel food cake in one sitting.

but i am naturally an ectomorph. just too much emotional gorging. which i totally regret. it is so hard to reduce breast, thigh, and stomach size.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:52 pm

I have Asian genes as well from my Japanese mother. I think I have just as much estrogen in me as testosterone based on how easy it is for me to gain weight if I don't mind my p's and q's.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 10:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I have Asian genes as well from my Japanese mother. I think I have just as much estrogen in me as testosterone based on how easy it is for me to gain weight if I don't mind my p's and q's.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

yeah i used to wish i was japanese. japan has cooler martial arts. jujitsu, karate, aikido, kendo. chinese has the weird wushu and kungfu.

the other thing is that japanese names are easier for english speakers to pronounce than chinese names are for english speakers to pronounce.

it is hard for me to gain muscle or fat. no matter how much i workout, can't gain muscle. high school cross country. used to lift weights 2x/week. for six years or so. no visible difference.

gaining fat though. it is hard for me to gain fat. but if i gorge, several times a week, beyond comfort. well past full. then yeah i do gain weight. when i was 20, went from 120 to 135 pounds in 10 weeks. that was a nightmare. but to get there had to gorge a lot. more than once, ate the "muffin"like part of an entire loaf of berry bread. once ate more than half an eight inch apple pie in one sitting.

paranoid that i will gain a lot of weight again.

b/c bad things happen. and i am really bad at dealing with stress and pressure

coping

quite frankly i mean sure though. yeah i have coped with gender identity disorder and autism. and flunked structural engineering.

but what about what if/when i get physically or sexually assaulted? what if i get raped?

what if i end up homeless? what if i can't afford room and board? what if $$ runs out and noone will make the mistake of hiring my worthless corpse?

then what?

what if i get struck by a car?

what if i get bit by a dog?

what if i get diseases and disabilities?

what if i get sent to jail?

b/c the thing is, "life" is "As Good As it Gets."

and in the united states, the financially poor are often much fatter than the financially rich.

in other countries, in other eras, it was the opposite.

yeah i am just so mentally tired. and emotionally fragile

and the older i get the more things i am afraid of. the stronger the fear.

and quite frankly i do not feel like i can trust nobody. b/c almost everyone i ever interacted with ended up betraying me when i came out as Trans when i started Gender Therapy in 2004.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 10:09 pm

I learned early on that you can't trust anybody. or almost anybody. but one has to learn to discern who to trust or else life can be untenable.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 8:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I learned early on that you can't trust anybody. or almost anybody. but one has to learn to discern who to trust or else life can be untenable.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

an article claimed that a man married 2 different women at the same time. neither woman suspected anything for a couple years. then the dry cleaning got mixed up. and one of the women was a clinical psychologist.

if someone with as much skill as a psychologist, for a long time like a couple years, with the intensity of interaction of a husband/wife, could not suspect anything, then how much easier is it for someone to trick/fool me?

answer: much easier. and numerous times they tried me. and sometimes the punishments were beyond imagination.

but when i trusted someone, and it turned out successful, then whooptie do. big deal.

cost benefit analysis

a woman came to Depression Bipolar Support Alliance and said that when she was 65 she got her first bipolar episode. and her personality completely changed.

now what? don't trust anyone under 65?

b/c when you interact with or observe someone in one situation, that is just one situation. every situation is different. there could be patterns, but patterns do not apply to everything all the time.

so it's pretty much there's something wrong with everything.