Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Victronix
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2013, 3:12 pm

Evil is not the correct term for these people that are being discussed on here, socially inelegant is.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2013, 5:27 pm

No Autism Speaks does not want genocide. A part of their program is trying to help people on the spectrum live a better life and learn skills to someday live independently. Theres nothing wrong with receiving help and admitting you have a problem. I bet half of you woudn't even last a month if all of a sudden your parents said get the hell out and you had to live on your own without any help from your parents.

Now as for a cure, I woudn't support it if it were used on high-functioning kids. I think most people in Autism Speaks refer to low-functioning kids on the spectrum when they're talking about a cure. For instance, imagine a non-verbal autistic kid who is smart but since because he/she cannot use language, they can not live up to their full potential in terms of intelligence. You truly are handicapped if you don't have access to language. If there were a cure so you could he/she could use language, then that would be beneficial.

As for high-functioning Aspies I would not support a cure. Even though Aspies often have poor social skills, and their executive functioning and theory of mind isn't the greatest, they're capable of living on their own someday and contributing to society. I think the "cure" for some Aspies would be talking adderal to improve focus and attention.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 11:45 pm

WestBender84 wrote:
Would Jenny McCarthy make love to an autistic male? No F'N way!

Their spokesmodel should have at least rolled in the sheets with an Aspie or two!

- FAKE -

She's also made of plastic.

themanfromuranus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2013, 8:05 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
WestBender84 wrote:
Would Jenny McCarthy make love to an autistic male? No F'N way!

Their spokesmodel should have at least rolled in the sheets with an Aspie or two!

- FAKE -

She's also made of plastic.
lol

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 8:43 am

Codyrules37 wrote:
Now as for a cure, I woudn't support it if it were used on high-functioning kids. I think most people in Autism Speaks refer to low-functioning kids on the spectrum when they're talking about a cure. For instance, imagine a non-verbal autistic kid who is smart but since because he/she cannot use language, they can not live up to their full potential in terms of intelligence. You truly are handicapped if you don't have access to language. If there were a cure so you could he/she could use language, then that would be beneficial.

I guess Autism Speaks isn't all bad, but I wish they would acknowledge the existence of higher-functioning autism too. Them spreading the stereotype that all of us are low-functioning is harmful to people who are higher on the spectrum, like me. If they tried to make people more aware of higher-functioning autism as well, that would eliminate a lot of my resentment towards them. Then we wouldn't have to fight against them to raise awareness for the higher end of the spectrum. The lower end and the higher end of the spectrum shouldn't have to fight against each other for advocacy. Why does it seem like that's what's happening?

themanfromuranus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Oct 2013, 6:26 am

Mike1 wrote:
Codyrules37 wrote:

I guess Autism Speaks isn't all bad, but I wish they would acknowledge the existence of higher-functioning autism too. Them spreading the stereotype that all of us are low-functioning is harmful to people who are higher on the spectrum, like me. If they tried to make people more aware of higher-functioning autism as well, that would eliminate a lot of my resentment towards them. Then we wouldn't have to fight against them to raise awareness for the higher end of the spectrum. The lower end and the higher end of the spectrum shouldn't have to fight against each other for advocacy. Why does it seem like that's what's happening?
i getting your point but autism speaks isnt wanting to help any autistic they only agenda is ti find the parental test and this imaginary "cure" most of they budget is going to reaserch and to spread they ignorancy.
they arent helping any autistic individual and mostly pushing down self advocates.

well thanks god thet this organisation is getting much weaker and the autistic right movmants are going stronger.
well i agrees that they have mostly positivly changed they view toward us but still they are many flaws in this so calld "charity" look at this for example :[url=[url=http://thautcast.com/drupal5/content/whats-still-wrong-autism-speaks]Web Page Name[/url]]Web Page Name[/url]

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 2:33 pm

The fact is the most people on the autism spectrum have average intelligence, but there is some like me, Who have Genius level intelligence and some who are lower functioning (Who have to use AAC). But they still get around. I think any cure is B.S.. Mostly because said individual most likely wouldn't be themselves, but Someone else entirely. They're trying to promote research a Test for autism on fetuses with money from ignorant people saying every autistic suffers... They are Comparable to the Nazis.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 2:59 pm

There can be no "test" for autism. That is impossible.

Autism is not a disorder that can be isolated--like Trisomy 21 (Down's Syndrome). It is not one single disorder.

There are many different causes of autism, and many types of autism as well.

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2015, 3:30 pm

Any organisation that represents autistic people that isn't run by at least a majority of autistic people is evil.

Nothing about us without us!

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2015, 3:34 pm

"No Autism Speaks does not want genocide. A part of their program is trying to help people on the spectrum live a better life and learn skills to someday live independently. Theres nothing wrong with receiving help and admitting you have a problem. I bet half of you woudn't even last a month if all of a sudden your parents said get the hell out and you had to live on your own without any help from your parents.

Now as for a cure, I woudn't support it if it were used on high-functioning kids. I think most people in Autism Speaks refer to low-functioning kids on the spectrum when they're talking about a cure. For instance, imagine a non-verbal autistic kid who is smart but since because he/she cannot use language, they can not live up to their full potential in terms of intelligence. You truly are handicapped if you don't have access to language. If there were a cure so you could he/she could use language, then that would be beneficial. "

What a bunch of self-hating bollocks this is. Many of the problems faced by the autistic comminity can be resolved by an autistic community that looks out for themselves and each other. They have not and will not be resolved by 'benevolent' neurotypicals.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 6:34 am

o0iella wrote:
"No Autism Speaks does not want genocide.

The propaganda videos they make say otherwise. Autism Speaks is nothing but a hate organization for parents of autistic kids, who want to kill their kids, and many of them do carry out their acts. Autism Speaks is sick.

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2015, 7:09 am

I was quoting someone else. I agree with you 0regonguy.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 9:53 am

o0iella wrote:
I was quoting someone else. I agree with you 0regonguy.

OK, sorry I didn't see your quotes. Happy we agree. :) In the future you might want to use the Quote Text button from the menu to make quotes more clear. Otherwise it look like you are saying it.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 11:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There can be no "test" for autism. That is impossible.

Autism is not a disorder that can be isolated--like Trisomy 21 (Down's Syndrome). It is not one single disorder.

There are many different causes of autism, and many types of autism as well.

I Didn't say I was Possible. :wink: That is just what they are researching, a test to prevent autism. They also have induced killing of autistics and Aspies!! !

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2015, 2:06 pm

Quote:
In the future you might want to use the Quote Text button from the menu to make quotes more clear. Otherwise it look like you are saying it.

Point taken :) I keep forgetting to do that!

antago
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2015, 11:14 am

o0iella wrote:
What a bunch of self-hating bollocks this is. Many of the problems faced by the autistic comminity can be resolved by an autistic community that looks out for themselves and each other. They have not and will not be resolved by 'benevolent' neurotypicals.

Oh, absolutely; there is definitely a big difference between neurotypicals and autistic individuals.

Codyrules37 wrote:
As for high-functioning Aspies I would not support a cure. Even though Aspies often have poor social skills, and their executive functioning and theory of mind isn't the greatest, they're capable of living on their own someday and contributing to society. I think the "cure" for some Aspies would be talking adderal to improve focus and attention.

Half the problem is that society is overrun by salesmen, thieves, liars and cowards—and anyone who doesn't immediately compete with this standard is considered a "chaotic mongerer". They will be prescribed treatments and written about as a pariah, even if they are are prodigious; in fact, their prodigious skills will commonly be looked upon as "something that could one day be donated in service to someone who could never accomplish anywhere near the same thing but loves money [aka a salesmen]".

So, as autistic individuals are lied to, raped, used, exploited, subjected to studies, and viewed as adults with low emotional evolution—all of their rights are essentially stripped away.

This idea that capitalist self-serving rivalry is somehow the epitome of "independence and socialization" is already a problem; most major achievements in humankind have been achieved by some autistic individual on the spectrum making a breakthrough. Trillions of dollars are taken away from them and given to a common populace of untalented, wasteful small-talkers & pigs who are "deeply concerned about our ability to see the truth, speak it clearly, and create things in powerful ways"—mainly because it threatens their ability to indulge themselves.

Meanwhile, autistic individuals are constantly being asked how they should be modified or handled, when in reality half of them should be running the world; ah, but yes—it is we who are the chaotic ones not contributing to society. When our free-loving nature and brilliant ideas, our philosophies and language, our bodies are taken from us by sexual predators—surely it is the autistic individual who is the chaotic rogue. No, we're the victims of a populace of thieves who parade their greed around in Forbes magazine as social & economic success—while it is impossible for us to be ourselves, be appreciated, be rewarded, or compensated.

So, yea—I suppose when you steal everything God gave us away from us, we're nothing but pesky chaotic drones in your dance of child-raping, money-hungering titans; but just know, I see clearly—and many others also see clearly. Resources have been stolen & kept in the reservoirs of imbeciles and untalented men who employ hundreds of thousands of people to accomplish what one or several autistic individuals could do. Ah, but hopefully—yes, hopefully—one day us "ret*ds" who commonly create timeless works of art that reap billions of dollar & jumpstart entire industries when they're taken from us because we're desperate for a job from you thieves—will learn how to stop being such a waste of space for you livestock, and so incompetent in our social skills.

I guess if we knew how to manipulate, exploit, and steal money and run our own businesses that we created before someone else forces us into their service—nature wouldn't be so disgusted by our revolting lack of contribution. *rolls eyes*

You're indoctrinated; your media is overrun by untalented, glorified lying prostitutes (ah, but you call them "artists" and "models" … RIIIGHT as long as you neurotypicals say so, it MUST be true because you're the majority!! !). Your "news" channels are garbage. Your night life is drinking & hooking up. Your daytime is nose-to-the-grind 9-5s and underpaid enslavement where the workers are subservient to unethical CEOs & swindlers ("managers" you call them … AKA people who usually just report information & make orders or schedules on time with no talent). Your churches are commonly run by greedy businessmen who don't even know Christ or the origins of their spiritual teachings. Your democracy is a revolving cast of bribed actors for international bankers. Your mass marketing & beauty standards cause women to have bulimia and get nose jobs, sometimes at the age of 12; the rest just hate themselves and whore around calling it "dating". We're still running on gas powered vehicles.

SOOMEDAAY— SOME - DAY — we'll contribute and pay our dues for selfishly existing. Luckily for you, your world of illusions pretending that time-keeping is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a difficult task that because an aspy cannot focus for hours upon hours doing menial labor for pennies, it must be a reflection of a good thing those "rare" & "amazing time keepers" have figured with their desperately difficult tasks of performing basic common-sensible unskilled duties aligning actions to a common clocking device—willing to tell us what to do, and when to do it for enormously unmerited amounts of cash … Gosh, where would we be? No, your system isn't corrupt … And withholding riches from us because we are incapable of fighting for due credit isn't exploitating the gifted disabled; indeed, we are simply not contributing … All that power, going over to someone who didn't suffer the disabilities to get there … Has a watch on their wrist. You big heroes.

Luckily your post gave no credence or credit to anything about those with autism and just made us appear to be a difficult group of outcasts, losers, and rebels.