im a neurotypical 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
wanna see dem results 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
wanna see dem results 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 373

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 5:34 am

Yes, I'd like to have the chance to become biologically immortal and continue a 3 billion year old line, although I'm not sure I'd want to raise them in America though, unless this country really starts to turn around. I'm a bit nervous about the prospect though, because of my own genetics, I'm ASD and I'm probably a carrier for Schizophrenia and a whole slue of other problems.

rollermonkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2015, 12:14 am

No, but I have a daughter, and there's another out there that looks like me but supposedly isn't mine.

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 4:31 pm

Probably not.
I quite like the idea of adopting an older child or teenager though (I've always thought that it's really unfair that most people choose to foster or adopt the cute younger kids instead of them.)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm

^that would be a wonderful thing to do, if you do it. it's often true that the younger ones are more often picked. :|

recently, i have begun to have obsessions relating to procreation. i cannot get my mind off bringing another human to this world and molding hir as my own. i KNOW i am not ready now, but i long for the day when i become a mommy. perhaps i'm idealizing/romanticizing this but the thoughts are unshakable.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 11:41 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Maybe. My willingness to want kids changes. I'm 17, and I can see myself either raising 3 kids or none.
If I can't procreate I'll adopt from China.

17?! Your profile pic looks like ur 40

Ben_Is_My_Only_God
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm

No I do not want children, I would not want the responsibility or the aggravation.

345 is a nice number on which to end.

Bimog And The Search For Pangea

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 4:22 pm

I have a new opinion, I'm not sure. The idea of caring for an infant properly scares the hell out of me. :? I'd feel like I had wasted a good adult life though if I don't at least adopt or mentor some older kid.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 10:38 pm

No because of crappy genetics. I'm 5 ft 3 and ugly and in addition to my autism I have other problems. Do I really want to pass on my sh***y genetics to someone only for them to live a sh***y life?

If anything, my genetics deserve to be bred out of the gene pool. I'm a f****d up piece of s**t, a genetic freak of nature.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 7:21 am

HELL no. Cant stand kids. Not trying to have my life ruined, thanks.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 12:34 pm

Not until a law passes in my country whereby any child under the age of 18 that becomes a disappointment to its parents can be put down. I will not spend all that effort on something that'll turn into a failure and embarrassment.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 1:56 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Not until a law passes in my country whereby any child under the age of 18 that becomes a disappointment to its parents can be put down. I will not spend all that effort on something that'll turn into a failure and embarrassment.

I find this post offensive,

Anyway, yes I want kids but in the very far distance future.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 8:58 am

dcj123 wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

I find this post offensive,

Anyway, yes I want kids but in the very far distance future.

I'll admit it's not a popular opinion. But it's mine. So there. Humph. :evil:

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 1:18 pm

No way. I can't stand little kids, and I don't want to be the parent of an NT kid who drinks underage and goes out to party and does all the stupid things that NT teens seem to do.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 1:04 am

I can't reproduce, so it's null. Unlike others my age, however, I don't mind this, as I never wanted children. I myself am a bag of genetic issues, so it's likely I'd pass those on. My life is also a constant disaster of one extreme alternative or another, and I would never put a child through that. Plus, increasingly, it's likly I couldn't stand the aggravation or the noise.

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2016, 7:55 pm

On one hand, creating a whole new person from my genetics who I will more likely than not love unconditionally sounds kind of cool.

On the other, attaining my own goals will be more difficult, and little kids/babies are awful.

This is going to sound horrible, but I often fantasize about having a child young and giving it up, only to reconnect with it as a teen years later. Sounds nice in fantasy, but terribly cold as an actual goal.

(Oh, and I would say I don't want to pass on my anxiety, depression, and ASD, but if I have all those and still prefer being alive, then it's only ideal to think that they will as well. I wouldn't want to imply that not being alive at all is better than all those things combined. It sounds like the opposite of what counselors tell me.)

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 8:34 pm

CryingTears15 wrote:
On one hand, creating a whole new person from my genetics who I will more likely than not love unconditionally sounds kind of cool.

On the other, attaining my own goals will be more difficult, and little kids/babies are awful.

This is going to sound horrible, but I often fantasize about having a child young and giving it up, only to reconnect with it as a teen years later. Sounds nice in fantasy, but terribly cold as an actual goal.

(Oh, and I would say I don't want to pass on my anxiety, depression, and ASD, but if I have all those and still prefer being alive, then it's only ideal to think that they will as well. I wouldn't want to imply that not being alive at all is better than all those things combined. It sounds like the opposite of what counselors tell me.)

Doesn't sound horrible to me. But there's one thing you may not have thought about, what's going to happen to this kid during those years? You'd probably be put in a really sour mood if at your reunion you discovered the kid had grown up to be a disappointing twit.