Jon Stewart meets Nobel peace prize winner Malala

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Do not tarnish the image of Malala Yousafzai by comparing her to something as irrelevant as the Nobel Peace Prize.

Some of us actually respect her.

Considering the Nobel Peace Prize was being given to the EU at the same time that neofascist parties are on the rise in Southern Europe, I consider it discredited.

Not to mention giving it to that disgusting arch-terrorist Arafat.

Sylkat wrote:
I pray that she will never be silenced.

I don't think she's particularly safe in Birmingham (where she's living now) either, to be quite honest with you.

Lots and lots of disgusting things being written about her on Facebook, apparently. But also many thousands of Pakistanis and others praising her immense courage and wishing her all the very best.

We need more people like this in the world.

Also: apparently her mother told her that now she is getting older and that men are looking at her, she should veil. She told her mum where to get off and the route her mum had to take to get there. Good for her!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2013, 2:56 pm

Tequila wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Do not tarnish the image of Malala Yousafzai by comparing her to something as irrelevant as the Nobel Peace Prize.

Some of us actually respect her.

Considering the Nobel Peace Prize was being given to the EU at the same time that neofascist parties are on the rise in Southern Europe, I consider it discredited.

Not to mention giving it to that disgusting arch-terrorist Arafat.

Sylkat wrote:
I pray that she will never be silenced.

I don't think she's particularly safe in Birmingham (where she's living now) either, to be quite honest with you.

Lots and lots of disgusting things being written about her on Facebook, apparently. But also many thousands of Pakistanis and others praising her immense courage and wishing her all the very best.

We need more people like this in the world.

Also: apparently her mother told her that now she is getting older and that men are looking at her, she should veil. She told her mum where to get off and the route her mum had to take to get there. Good for her!

It's hard to believe any decent human being would attack this brave girl. Oh, wait, these aren't decent human beings, are they?