Was there ever a famous gay test pilot or astronaut?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 10:57 am

Slowly getting used to that can be a homo, but still think it's a little repulsive.I feel disgust to myself.

I am interested in aviation, I wonder if I was ever a test pilot or astronaut. Although I know that if you are or have been in the past, it does not reveal, because in the U.S. Air Force, while it was revealed that someone would be expelled, and in the case of the Soviet Union / Russian Federation would has been sent to the Gulag / penal company

I've always admired the Soviet / Russian and American test pilots, cosmonauts / astronauts, sometimes I wonder if any of them were gay, I know that, and so would not admit to homosexuality or bisexuality, because who normal person would admit to it is a little perverted

PS. I feel attracted to young men especially athletes, extreme sports athlets skateboarders, soccer player, pilots, and ashamed of it because homosexuality is a sin, and it is against nature

Sona_21
Raven
Raven

17 Oct 2013, 2:00 pm

The US Military may no longer -changed 2011- expel someone for being gay or bi , also neither of those a against nature, there a plenty of animals that are known to have homo/bisexual tendencies. No american astronaut has come out as gay, thus far. I am not sure about test pilots. As to it being a sin, that is a personal opinion.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 4:32 pm

You must have been raised in a conservative/homophobic environment to think that homosexuality is a "sin" and "against the nature". But it is, as the other poster said, simply a personal opinion. You don't need to/shouldn't let such opinions control your life.

I don't know anything about pilots or astronauts. Many homosexual people, particularly in the past, tend to keep their sexuality private. So you cannot really know for sure about that. It must be really hard to be openly gay and be famous in some professions, particularly where discrimination is still common. You should pursue a career you want regardless of your sexuality. But I wonder if having autism could disqualify you from becoming a pilot etc.

ithraen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2013, 9:27 am

absolutely there was... but she was closeted until she lay on her deathbed... and her wife asked her permission to post it in her obituary... super sad story and all that.

Sally Kristen Ride (May 26, 1951 – July 23, 2012)

anyways... she had an amazing life story if your interested. that said... homophobia is usually correlated with internalized and repressed same sex attractions... are you trying to tell us something with these statements?

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 11:46 pm

ithraen wrote:
absolutely there was... but she was closeted until she lay on her deathbed... and her wife asked her permission to post it in her obituary... super sad story and all that.

Sally Kristen Ride (May 26, 1951 – July 23, 2012)

anyways... she had an amazing life story if your interested. that said... homophobia is usually correlated with internalized and repressed same sex attractions... are you trying to tell us something with these statements?

WOW and sorry for replaying so late :D