Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

funky93
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2013, 9:37 am

Just wanted to say hi. I am going for a diagnosis of Aspergers on the 11th November. I had to send in the AQ and EQ scores which I got those on below. I feel as though I want to post on here as it seems really similar to me but I also feel as though I can't until I get a an actual diognsis obviously I can but that's just how I feel.

Is the below a likely Aspie score?

EQ 19
AQ 42

Thanks and hope to talkkk to you all soon if I am officially in lol

Verity

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 11:43 am

From Wikipedia
"the instrument is scored on a scale of 0 (being the least empathetic possible) to 80 (being the most empathetic possible). A useful cut-off of 30 was established when screening for Autism Spectrum Disorders."

Again Wikipedia for AQ
"In the initial trials of the test,[7] the average score in the control group was 16.4, with men scoring slightly higher than women (about 17 versus about 15). 80% of adults diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders scored 32 or more, compared with only 2% of the control group.

The authors cited a score of 32 or more as indicating "clinically significant levels of autistic traits".

You see my test results in my signature on the bottom. Interestingly I did not get a number back for my EQ. Was it that bad?

I never became a member here until I was diagnosed for the reasons you cited. I hope what happens on the 11th is helpful to you. OMG I fell empathy for you.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funky93
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2013, 2:06 pm

Hi ya thought i should reply haven't checked here since but thank you for your repl. we went today but they would not give a diognosis until we have been through the whole process. SO we spoke about my scores of the EQ and AQ test and basically had to go through giving examples of each. Then they want to have a telephone conversation with my mum about my development but Only then will they "COLLATE" it all together and call me back for an appointment to confirm it. They are so strange with the way they don't want to give it out. Also she went on about would it be useful to you to have a diagnosis. All the things she asked me I knew and had an example for therefore i am sure i have it so will try to be more active. Any way it isn't likely I will get the diagnosis until January now they put so much emphasis on this appointment thaat I have waited 8 months for as being "it" then they say sorry we need to do this this and this errr annoyedn :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 3:45 pm

funky93 wrote:
Hi ya thought i should reply haven't checked here since but thank you for your repl. we went today but they would not give a diognosis until we have been through the whole process. SO we spoke about my scores of the EQ and AQ test and basically had to go through giving examples of each. Then they want to have a telephone conversation with my mum about my development but Only then will they "COLLATE" it all together and call me back for an appointment to confirm it. They are so strange with the way they don't want to give it out. Also she went on about would it be useful to you to have a diagnosis. All the things she asked me I knew and had an example for therefore i am sure i have it so will try to be more active. Any way it isn't likely I will get the diagnosis until January now they put so much emphasis on this appointment thaat I have waited 8 months for as being "it" then they say sorry we need to do this this and this errr annoyedn :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Waiting for such an answer on such an important part of your life is frustrating but if you think about it don't you want them to be through and perfectionists about an important subject to you?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman