i'm less than the average nt at standing up for myself 29%  29%  [ 36 ]
i'm terrible at it, really 42%  42%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 126

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 12:56 pm

Yep.

Road raging homophobe made his rude comments.

Me: Touch me and I'm going to tear you apart. (He was an overweight redneck, I've done more than 40,000 pushups in the last year)

Him: You think so?

Me: I KNOW so.

Him: Walks back to his truck and leaves.

F that guy.

Coworker who recently got fired for not being a team player.. AT ALL. Anyways, I was helping him carry a heavy door and he made a really rude comment about me "trying to think," and that I shouldn't try to think etc so I asked him if he was serious, he said yes, so I told him he was being an Ahole and I wasn't going to help him if he thinks he can talk down to me like that and I left him there holding the door waiting for someone else to give him a hand.

I'm not a jerk, but I won't let anyone walk all over me.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 1:02 pm

In most situations it's never been a problem for me. Actually I could learn to stand up for myself less because I'm quick to go on the counter attack.

When it comes to loved ones, I'll give them endless leash and they can use it to walk all over me and destroy me, particularly if that someone is a woman.

For me it's hardest to figure out when I should be standing up for myself rather than if I can or will

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 1:09 pm

I can stand up for myself in certain situations or with certain people. I think I'm worse than average at it. I'm quite passive.

AutieUberAlles
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2016, 2:38 pm

I don't let people mess with me. It doesn't matter if they are NT or Aspie or of another race, gender, bodytype.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 3:22 pm

To me, the life lesson seems to be, “If you’re ever able to stand up for yourself to someone, it’ll be cowardly of you to do so, because you wouldn’t have the balls to stand up to someone stronger and meaner”.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 3:35 pm

Nope.

In fact, I am so insecure that I usually end up apologising when someone else has done something wrong.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 9:42 pm

I hope the OP never gets a visit from mr. Arthur Itis. or from mr. w. Earny Tear.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 9:15 pm

I stand up for my rights all the time. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who has the guts to do it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 10:36 pm

I've found out this year that I am able to stand up for myself if someone is trying to take away something that means a lot to me.