Analytical Thinking Represses 'Religious Thinking' (Study)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 11:48 am

Describing what i understand as GOD to my atheist Facebook friend…

IN response to this article that describes how analytical thinking represses the intuitive pathway of the brain..otherwise known as social cognition..as opposed to mechanical cognition..another study earlier last year..replicated these same general findings…

It validates what i understand as viewpoints from people who do not describe a thing called GOD as much as some others who experience the real feelings of emotions associated with what they describe as GOD…simply because the others folks do not experience these real potential feelings in human existence as much than some others..IT’s really common sense..that is all..some folks don’t feel the same connectivity..as other folks do..and this is a real tangible thing that can change through the course of One life..depending on circumstances..and the way the brain is used in the mechanical or social environment..per the mechanical and/or social cognition pathways in the brain…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/2 ... 57396.html

Katie Mia Well..this is a very interesting article..and confirms my personal theory about faith and the brain…

First of all..I do not believe in the ‘supernatural’..HOwever I do most definitely believe that faith and hope are natural attributes as well as desirable attributes of the inherent function of the brain…s…

By the way I added in that ‘s’ to make a point..It isn’t a brain that makes the faith and hope work..It is the natural connectivity between brains..at least..two..that allow human beings to feel these wonderful feelings of faith and hope to make a better life..in general…

Now here’s the ‘thing’…This faith and hope..otherwise known by the abstract construct of GOD..needs no housing of language to be felt…

It is free..and even freer to non-human animals..in my opinion..but I cannot prove that part..my autistic ‘spidey’ senses..or the extreme empathy for all others I was ‘blessed’ with at birth..tells me that this is true…

I am convinced that in some autistic people..definitely not all by far..there is a heightened sense of emotional contagion that does include human animals too..that can come along with other heightened sensitivities..for example the extreme tactile sensitivity that I also possess…

Now here is another thing..I have explored and explored this thing people have been referring to as ‘GOD’ for thousands of years..and seek to find scientific answers to the mysteries..based on physiology..not just guesses of how all this works…

What I personally find in life..from my experience of 60 months with the worst pain known to mankind..that atypical trigeminal neuralgia that lasted from waking to sleeping i told you about..IS..THIS….

When emotions are repressed or the physical structures of the brain no longer allow them to work ‘normally’..or hardly at all..the hope and faith..along with many of the other complex and even simple emotions of life can
simply go away…

People with the strongest levels of emotional contagion..often burnout..in a physical way..and simply cannot feel these emotions or even the emotional empathy associated with empathy called emotional contagion..in the science of empathy….

In my view..GOD is just one of many metaphors..like Atman..and so many others in so many other religions..that attempt to express these different potential levels of emotional contagion..and homeostasis..that humans are as potentially capable of as other animals..who do not repress emotions through abstract language.. which is an illusion of mind created by collective intelligence..and language that moves beyond the emotional language that social animals naturally possess…

My cat knows everything about this connectedness that I describe as the ‘natural god’ that is..I need look no futher to understand what I understand as ‘GOD….

It is the illusions of abstract language that makes this stuff more complicated that iT needs to be..in my opinion now…

But here is the last and most important thing…

People who lose this emotional connectivity with all others..including the environment too..and feelings of emotions like the feeling of awe of beauty..are in another metaphor called hell…

As I visited this place for over five years…

It is the real human hell that the bible attempts to metaphorically describe through ancient poetry..that tries to make this point..but ironically is taken literally by the fundamentalist leaning folks that are more or less on the broader autism phenotype in their inability to understand the complexity of metaphors…

Far far away..from the original intent of the original authors..as poetry is designed anyway..for different interpretations by different minds…

My grandfather you know ..I think I told you.. was a Catholic Priest…

He wrote a book called ‘Out of the Labyrinth’..to describe how the ‘intellectualism’ of the Catholic structure of religion..took away the core part of faith and hope that is GOD that he describes too..but unfortunately he went on to describe the Protestant Christian path as the true and only path to this connectivity that is a natural part of life..for all social animals..ANYway…

So I guess.. to use another complex human metaphor..IT iS my destiny as so many others.. to take IT one step further..and so many others who took it there already in Eastern religions well before Western religions..with materialistic concepts..taking advantage of folks to make money off this stuff…

So it’s a little bit of a double edged sword…

People are being taken advantage of through many western religions..for money..yes…

But on the other side of the coin..people are in effect..some people that is..are using the analytical aspect of their mind or what some people describe as the left hemisphere of the mind so much in mechanical cognition..rather than social cognition.. which is the pathway of the brain to empathy.. that the empathy pathway is withering away..along with some of the experience of emotions..including emotional contagion for others…

And beauty..hope..faith and all that stuff that comes with social cognition..including connectedness to the environment as some people describe as the awe of environmental beauty..a real and tangible feeling..that can go away..to human hell..to use that other metaphor…

Well my cat is on the bed simply enjoying GOD ‘WRiteright’ NOW at this very moment…

But he has the distinct advantage as far as this goes..by lacking abstract language to simply unlearn or repress this real and natural part of existence..that I personally describe as GOD…

There is no doubt in my mind you experience this XXXxx..you just call IT something other than what I am currently describing IT here NOW as….

IT IS as good a word for IT as GOD for me..but I kinda like the word ALLAH as it simply sounds like a more beautiful word to me..to describe the endless connectivity..that the real experience that I understand as living IS..now that I too..have my emotions..emotional contagion..and awe of beauty back..as what I describe as the real human experience of bliss..that my cat so easily experiences..when he lives @homeostatis…so so hard for humans to attain these days..but so so simple for most animals to attain…

Of course all of THIS..in just my true will opinion..per my experiences of life..unique challenges.. adversities..and ALL of that..that you may experience much differently than me..of course…

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick