In-Depth Living with Asperger's Guide?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 2:15 pm

Is there a very specific, detailed guide to living with Asperger's out there?

If not, please drop everything you're doing right now to write one.

rainkins
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Nov 2013, 3:25 pm

This is a great question! I've read a ton of information online about AS, but more diagnostic stuff than living-with-it stuff. The only actual book on AS I've read is Rudy Simone's Aspergirls, which offers some pretty good suggestions on living with it for women (though an awful lot of these seem to be geared toward the mantra of "do something to make money so you won't be homeless, do something to make money so you won't be homeless..."), but I wouldn't call it detailed, and I don't know what comparable literature is available for non-women. This would definitely be worth looking into. I guess the biggest problem is that, because it is such a broad syndrome that affects different people so differently, more in-depth equals longer sections that don't apply to everyone, which is probably why writers tend to approach it in more general terms.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 5:20 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Love-Positiv ... 931282935/ is pretty good at that from what I remember when I read it. It was a while ago though. And I've read a lot, so it kinda blurs together.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 2:09 am

Living Well on the Spectrum