Latest Research Shows: Chicks really do dig fancy cars

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Even if the videos were legit, the survey and experiment is skewed. They don't put guys normally seen as less desirable in these situations to fully test the experiment for its worth.

and the sample is too small and limited in geography.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 5:58 pm

I don't think that very many women would get in the car with a random creepy guy off the street, regardless of what he drives. I think that the people in these videos are the outliers rather than the norm.

That said, I think that a decent amount of women do judge men based on what kind of car they have and such, but that doesn't mean they're going to jump in with a complete stranger.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 6:04 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
More black-and-white, overly simplistic thinking that is quite sexist too.

The more accurate assessment would be SOME women. NOTHING in life is universally true of ALL people of a certain category, be it "women" or even autists, for example.

Not everyone is the same. Quality women aren't impressed by the superficial.

But if you're a misogynist nothing will persuade you of that notion.

Thanks BiF, we're not stupid here.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 6:09 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:
I don't think that very many women would get in the car with a random creepy guy off the street, regardless of what he drives. I think that the people in these videos are the outliers rather than the norm.

That said, I think that a decent amount of women do judge men based on what kind of car they have and such, but that doesn't mean they're going to jump in with a complete stranger.

When I lived south of Houston, Some young woman (18-21 or so) once walked up to me and asked for a ride to the nearby mall. So I gave her a ride to Baybrook Mall. When I pulled up to the entrance to let her out, she was kind of surprised and asked if she could go with me to wherever I was going. I told her no and so she very reluctantly got out. I was going to one of my favorite restaurants for supper, The Coliseum in Clear Lake, and wasn't about to buy her supper for her.

A couple of years later, I told someone about that and they said that she was probably a hooker.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 9:32 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Sorry, ArrantPariah. :cry: You're attempts to generalize all women have failed this time.........

Oh, no. I'm not disappointed. I saw some of the flaws initially, and just wondered whither the conversation would go. Straight to debunking. I'm very proud of everyone.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:

A more meaningful test is to lend lambos to guys and watch if there's any significant change in their female friends/acquaintances' behaviors toward them - but what kind of friend would do present their friends to the world as Lab rats?

Sono
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Nov 2013, 1:26 pm

None of my exes have had cars. I don't own a car either. I think this says something to the contrary.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 1:31 pm

This would only work if you were in a party atmosphere, where people are supposed to drop their inhibitions and cut loose. Whenever we have biker rallies near where I live, it's extremely common for women to hang around look for rides on the best bikes. If they tried this experiment in a rural township, they'd have an APB out on you in a hurry.

SwampOwl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2013, 5:29 pm

I can tell you that this study is 100% spot on. Here's the proof.
When I had a Pinto, women wouldn't even look at me.
But after I traded it in for a Chevette, a woman waved at me once.
I rest my case.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 5:33 pm

It might be wise to keep the chicks away from cars:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 5:37 pm

^ chick poop attack

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 6:02 pm

SwampOwl wrote:
I can tell you that this study is 100% spot on. Here's the proof.
When I had a Pinto, women wouldn't even look at me.
But after I traded it in for a Chevette, a woman waved at me once.
I rest my case.
Hehe :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 6:28 pm

What are the chances that OP could get anyone even with that car?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 12:21 am

I think this model would suit Arrant just fine.

solo
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2013, 12:40 am

I have always noticed a difference of how women look at me depending on what I drive. When I had a 4 door grandma car they would never look at me. When I cruise around in my drag car almost every women looks and a lot smile, some of their boyfriends give me nasty looks but most like it. When I am in my work truck, farm girls seem to notice me. If I need to borrow my moms minivan when my car is in storage or I have my truck apart, no women will look at me.

I have had girls ask for rides in my drag car, I turned down all but one, but my poor social skills ruined that one. I dont want someone who wants me for my car. That's why I keep it hidden most of the time and mostly drive work vehicles. I notice a totally different type of women Will approach you depending on the vehicle that you drive. Not trying to be sexist or generalize, just what I have seen being a car guy my whole life and the experiences ive had.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 4:50 am

I'd prefer to just buy the fancy car myself.

Half the time those guys in Ferrari's are owning a car that's out of their means to buy, so it would get repo'd soon anyway. It's just a facade.