Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 7:03 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism

novawake
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2007, 1:35 pm

I have always had troubles sleeping since I was little. Usually I only sleep a few hours a night. I had been taking Provigil for a while, but I stopped, because I have GAD and it was making it worse.

Right now I take Trazodone to sleep and it helps alot. Within 30minutes of taking it I can pass out asleep. It's just hard to decide to take it early. :P I'm so used to staying up, that if I take it too early, I feel like I missed half my night. :P It also helps with my anxiety, I believe it doubles as a antidepressant/mood stablizer.

Even if I take it at midnight or 1am, I still can get 5hrs of regular sleep and actually stay asleep. For me, that's alot of sleep and it feels great.

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 8:07 pm

Insomniac by night, zombie by day. That's me.

I'll go for days at a time with little or no sleep but when the tiredness does catch up, I have to call in at work sick just to catch up on the sleep when I can. OTOH, I'd rather not be operating the equipment when I'm that tired.

Marijuana -when I can get it- is the only thing I've found so far to manage or get some control over the insomnia. I'll get up and smoke some if I'm not asleep by midnight.

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York