Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2013, 8:51 pm

More information and petition below: please sign!

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/k ... p-payments

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2013, 3:26 am

the only way is to kill this *****!

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 10:50 am

Um, I wouldn't go that far.... :S Just a simple reform would be nice.

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2013, 11:22 am

reform doesn't always work... fighting back will... reforming will make it worse...

i have to live through the nightmare of no job
and being on odsp...
and stuck in my parents house... (currently in my father house)
i'm lucky just to have some money

both of my parents are the worst, combined with the nt's siblings they have...
it's like a hellhole, but i still survive...
ain't fun but it is what is left over from the divorce and all the train wrecks that followed later... the fighting between my mother and father...

i tried to help them save money, but they won't do a thing... very selfish childlike adults i deal with... can't even understand how to budget..
combination of stupid/arrogant/ignorant people i live with...
with lots of control on basic things like internet and food.
and the best control - money.

i'm working out a situation to leave but that will take time to invest in the equipment to produce youtube videos
privacy is a concern

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 8:57 am

I've signed the petition.

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2013, 5:19 pm

good...

one thing i can see is the production of youtube videos in the near future....
i just need the equipment to protect my privacy and actual 1080p video camera...
a greenscreen

going to use amazon. and i don't have to rely on my parents... except for the funds i'll be saving.
think of it this way... online shopping allows your products to arrive on time or late by the postal guy
but it doesn't require you to bug your parents since they do nothing.. i mean they won't get they're ass in gear to actual drive to the flipping store...

bad parenting has left me in a situation i don't like it... lost a job due to the fact that my father made me embarrassed at the local staples...
i can act like an nt. but the stupidity of people can trip me... and destabilize the ability to blend in with the normal people.

:evil:

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2013, 10:45 am

Oh, Canada... Remember when they were so simple and happy and ignoring South Park?

...I do.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 9:26 pm

DizzleJWizzle wrote:
reform doesn't always work... fighting back will... reforming will make it worse...

i have to live through the nightmare of no job
and being on odsp...
and stuck in my parents house... (currently in my father house)
i'm lucky just to have some money

both of my parents are the worst, combined with the nt's siblings they have...
it's like a hellhole, but i still survive...
ain't fun but it is what is left over from the divorce and all the train wrecks that followed later... the fighting between my mother and father...

i tried to help them save money, but they won't do a thing... very selfish childlike adults i deal with... can't even understand how to budget..
combination of stupid/arrogant/ignorant people i live with...
with lots of control on basic things like internet and food.
and the best control - money.

i'm working out a situation to leave but that will take time to invest in the equipment to produce youtube videos
privacy is a concern

I have a lot to say to you.

People like you are EXACTLY the reason I am fighting for these needed services for adults.

I have the feeling that you may think you are alone in your situation. You are not.

I live in Ontario and have been working with adults with ASD around your age for quite a while now, and most seem to be in similar situations as you. Many live at home with their parents (many have divorced parents), while they just sit there and collect ODSP after many attempts at failing to keep jobs.

Their parents treat them like kids, don't understand them at all, and have no idea what to do with them.
What these parents don't know is how determined these people are to get and keep a job, and it's not that any of these people can't work, they just need the right supports to be able to do it. The same goes with you. You need to believe that you CAN work when you have the supports you need.

That's why you have to fight for more services and fight for yourself to get the existing services you need!

I think that the fact that your parents essentially steal your money is appalling and abusive. You are an adult and it's your money! Your parents obviously misunderstand you and don't know how to reach you, but I don't think they are intending to torture you. They just don't know how to help you so instead they are overprotecting you with restrictions and rules.

The world is NOT out to get you and not all NTs are bad. Just because people are uneducated and uninformed about how to act around someone like yourself doesn't mean they are never going to care. You can always change their minds by providing them information on how you really are. And there are TONS of people out there who get ASD and you don't have to explain anything to. You just haven't met them yet.

I have read your posts and you go on and on about the same thing...your parents being restrictive and how much the world sucks and how you think working on youtube will solve everything. This is not mentally healthy for you and the more you obsess over these thoughts, the more depressed and angrier you will be. You are worth it and deserve much better than this. You NEED to break this cycle, as ruminating about it will just leave you stuck not doing anything and will make things even worse for you.

I strongly, strongly suggest you sign up for ODSP Employment Supports. They will match you up with a job coach who will find a job that is right for you, even if you've had tons of bad experiences. There will also be people who will help you out on the job to make sure you are successful. They have helped many other people with ASD I know get and keep jobs.

And all of this is FREE.

Here is the link for this service. Print off the application forms, fill them out, and drop them off at your local ODSP office. It's that simple.

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/progr ... apply.aspx

Please top obsessing about making money on Youtube, because from personal experience, I know that it doesn't pay rent or bills. My friend with AS makes a little bit of money from her youtube channel, but what she gets is not that much: about $100 per month. It is NOT the best investment or worth your time if you are seriously looking for a job. A very, very, very small minority of people earn a pile of money on youtube.

I hope I'm not wasting my breath. I have wasted my breath on people before, people who were obviously in distress but they refused to take advice which could have enabled them to get out of their own situations, help themselves, and help them feel like adults. Situations like yours make me so angry and sad because I know how capable people like you are, but other people aren't letting them be capable.

So please believe me when I say that you can change things.

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2013, 2:39 am

i understand... i have atheist views that change my opinion. the situation that i'm in is very difficult to turn a 180 degree turn... very hard... and it ain't going positive...
the funny thing is that i deal with very strange life events in my life

examples...
in the hospital for no reason... fights at home....
situations don't go the way i want i accept some help from law enforcement and medical support.

but the reptilian s**t is 50/50... i'll seen some of the people eyes move... the pupils.... i can understand and detect the energy force when i'm near them....
just a god like ability... detection and prevention. :evil:

it's in the ancient texts describing the archons... greys and reptilians... proof...
they are here and they still will exist.
and they haven't lost there technology

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2013, 2:41 am

i can detect weird unexplained activity that i can't explain...
like a psychic... it's weird... but useful...

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2013, 2:47 am

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm

You either are not taking this seriously or are just relieved that I get it and now wanting to share an interest of yours, thinking that I'll get it too. I can't tell what your intentions are, but to be frank, I'm not really interested in aliens. There are others on the board who might be though.

It's a little concerning that you have a strong belief in something like this. I am not rejecting the idea of them completely, but it's just concerning because you claim to have special senses that other people don't.

Might I ask why you were in the hospital or were involved with law enforcement?

Let's get back to the original topic. Small steps are always better than big ones. It is very difficult to do a 180 turn in a short amount of time, but a 30 or 60 degree turn is far better than nothing. Otherwise, you'll be stuck hating others and complaining all over again. Do you really want that for yourself, or would you like to change your situation?

The idea that you can't change anything is completely false. The services, even if they are minimal, are there and you can find a way out. You are no longer a child and as an adult, you have the ability to prove your parents wrong, in that you can make your own decisions. As I said, applying for ODSP employment supports is one option, and I'm sure there are other options that can work for your depending on where you live. I pulled myself out of my own bad spot a few years ago by being resourceful and looking for services that ended up helping me, and now want to help others do the same.

The point is, you need to deal with your situation right now that is obviously frustrating you, and if you want to get out, you need to be willing to take small steps, even if the system is against you.

Do you want to be helped out of your situation or not? If not, then the conversation on here ends now, though if you express interest with getting out in the future, I can give you some tools to help you.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 8:50 pm

That is a nice option for those who can handle finding and keeping employment. Pretty much, the people here on disability are disabled or they would be working for financial gain. `What type of training are y'all offering? Is it even by Autists or by NTs'?

You are being so mean and so disrespectful. Are you aware that young autists have a suicide rate 28 times the general population? I say much better to make jokes about your callous and cruel posts than for us to lose another of our people. [whether you agree or not]

I am not working now because of SEs' from chemotherapy. I though, am one of the "incredibly blessed " autistics that COULD handle [for periods of time] my lovely jobs at Burger King or Mc Donalds, Not all of us are so 'fortunate" though.

I AM ANGRY. Is there anything that I, living in the U.S. can do to fight this. [my petition vote won't help]

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 11:33 pm

Sadly, as you can see, this is the norm everywhere (a general lack of services). If services exist, they are usually very hidden and are not ASD specific, but at this point, something is better than nothing.

There are two things you can do:

1) Voice your concerns to organizations that support people with ASD to fund these services.
2) Ask around at these organizations and google government funded supports in your region for people with disabilities (though they will likely not be ASD specific).

The programs offered in our are disability-related (non-ASD specific), but there have been experimental/trial programs in place that have been shown to have an impact on the people they have served. These people learn about themselves, what they are good at, and how to succeed with their particular profile. Their confidence and self-esteem is better improves once they have been given skills to succeed.

How am I being mean or disrespectful? You clearly do not see my intentions here. I am not trying to offend anyone. I am very specifically trying to help the guy above by helping him realize that he has hope, even with the very minimal services that are being offered in our region, and that there are things he himself can do to help himself.

It doesn't mean everything will be all sunshine and flowers, but any effort is better than no effort. I am someone who works extensively with people with ASD, so I am well aware of the connection between ASD and mental health. As well, I am on the spectrum myself and have suffered through significant mental health issues, so I have lived this myself and I know just how hard it is to feel like you have any hope for yourself.

I may have come across as aggressive, and for that I am sorry. I am just angry. I feel very helpless and powerless as I am just one person and feel like I always need to do something to help people, having the influence that I have on the ASD community as a speaker who people often turn to for support. I am just very, very upset about our own government (and governments in the USA, too) not recognizing that there is a true need for programs like this, and because of how many people I see fall to pieces when interventions do not happen.

What I am saying to each and every person who is on this board now and reading this, is that you are capable of having careers and doing amazing this with your lives - you just need the proper supports. What most of you don't realize is that sometimes you need to fight for change and look for it in different places instead of doing nothing or giving up. I realize that it takes time to change, but the situation is not hopeless if we are willing to work for it.