Is getting anxious at doing overtime to do with Aspergers?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 8:25 pm

I can't do overtime, it was bad for my health taking a placement for studies in and amongst studying. That would mean an unhealthy 12 hour day, unpaid.

It's not worth it for me as it causes significant health problems as well as requiring time of my own, as there will be not enough time to recover from overtime work, especially overtime that is unpaid.

It has to be quite particular in the job description, no overtime, no changing shifts, no change in hours unless there's significant warning and notice.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Scubasgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2013, 9:53 pm

It messes with your schedule and you don't get your needed recharge time. Makes complete sense.

I have one full-time job and one part-time job. (Unfortunately the pay at the FT job wasn't enough.) I have found that I have a very distinct thresh hold and that if I work any more than that that I will be exhausted and a stressed out mess because I need to be able to recharge before going back and trying to be interactive again. In a society where people tell me on a regular basis, "But I work 50+ hours all of the time..." and can't see why I can't handle that, it is hard to draw lines and set limits for myself for my own benefit. It's necessary though.