Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

roteskatalonien93
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Dec 2013, 1:04 pm

Hi :)

I am Carlos from Catalonia, which is, let's say, like the Scotland of Spain, we are holding an independence referendum next year and i'll vote yes.

I was diagnosed asperger like two years ago after a psycothic attack, and I still have symptoms even if the main problems are cured now.

I found this site dropping around wikipedia and I found it nice.

My biggest dream is to have a wife, family, and childs.

I am keen on languages ( I speak Catalan, Spanish, English, Portuguese, German, Polish, and Russian) even if I did not pass high school and I only have a secondary school graduation.

Currently I am studying Russian and English and looking for a job.

I play Rugby more or less.

So hello nice people :D

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

Greetings and welcome to the Wrong Planet.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 3:29 pm

Hi from the Catalonia of the UK and Welcome. :)

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 4:12 pm

Nice to meet you! Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 4:32 pm

roteskatalonien93 wrote:
I am Carlos from Catalonia, which is, let's say, like the Scotland of Spain, we are holding an independence referendum next year and i'll vote yes.

So Catalonia will remain in Spain for the foreseeable then. ;)

Welcome to WP! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 4:38 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

roteskatalonien93
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2013, 3:43 pm

Tequila wrote:
roteskatalonien93 wrote:

I forgot to say that unlike in Scotland, we have 58%-65% of people wanting independence :P

roteskatalonien93
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2013, 3:51 pm

Tequila wrote:
roteskatalonien93 wrote:

I forgot to say that unlike in Scotland, we have 58%-65% of people wanting independence :P

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 8:43 pm

Welcome :pirat:

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 2:15 am

hiy welcome aboard :)

tern
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 12:55 pm

Welcome! :)
I live in Germany, so I also speak German.
I am a bt interested in languages too, but can´t speek so many. The only languages I learned are English, Latin and the ancient Greek which means I also can read nowadays Greek but I don´t speak it or know many words. It´s fascinating how many years can change a language but this effect not just happens with Greek of course but also with other languages. I wonder how much I would understand of an about 700 years old German text...

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Dec 2013, 1:09 pm

welcome!

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

Nightingale121 wrote:
I am a bt interested in languages too, but can´t speek so many. The only languages I learned are English, Latin and the ancient Greek which means I also can read nowadays Greek but I don´t speak it or know many words. It´s fascinating how many years can change a language but this effect not just happens with Greek of course but also with other languages. I wonder how much I would understand of an about 700 years old German text...

2500 years ago there was no such language as German, English, or Catalan.

It amazes me how relatively little Greek has changed in that time. To my knowledge, modern Greek is arguably a dialect of ancient Greek rather than a distinct language. @Nightingale121 I'm sure you could contrast this with the difference between standard German and some Swiss "German" dialects.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 2:04 pm

MaxE wrote:
Nightingale121 wrote:

2500 years ago there was no such language as German, English, or Catalan.

It amazes me how relatively little Greek has changed in that time. To my knowledge, modern Greek is arguably a dialect of ancient Greek rather than a distinct language. @Nightingale121 I'm sure you could contrast this with the difference between standard German and some Swiss "German" dialects.

You are right. My teacher also compared the change of the Greek language with dialect. It changed but isn´t a new dictinct language. I maybe could make my comparison with German better: Of course the language isn´t as old as Greek, so my example was not so good. I guess we could compare the history of the German language rather in future when it also is as old as the Greek language nowadays is.
But what I found interesting was the change how they speak it. As I wrote I can read it rather easy and find similar words to the ancient Greek but the pronounciation is different from how we learned to do it with the ancient Greek at school. But I am not sure how they know how the letters were spoken 2500 years ago.