Prosopagnosia + Alexithymia online test

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 11:57 am

Results

Out of 30 faces, you correctly identified 7.
You were familiar with 30 of the people in this test.

If we exclude the ones you were unfamiliar with, you got 23% correct.

On our previous version of this test, the average person with normal face recognition was able to recognize about 85% of the faces they were familiar with. If you missed more than half of the faces you were familiar with, this may indicate face recognition difficulties.

There were about 4 that I vaguely recognized that were right but I thought about them for a minute and thought that they were not the person that they actually were even though in the back of my head I was thinking they could have been that person. I also think that not seeing the hair made a HUGE difference. I must rely on hair quite a bit when I recognize someone and that would not surprise me since I notice hair a lot and if one of my friends or acquaintances changes his or her hair or even grows a beard or mustache, I have a hard time recognizing him or her. A couple of these people I have even met in person and some more than once and I still did not recognize them.

That reminds me of a cute story. I had the great privilege of meeting Jack Nicholson twice and each time I spent significant time with him. I spoke to him at length both times. After the first time we met we then met again 6 years later. He looked exactly the same I went from short hair (afro style) to long straight hair. The second time we met he came over and started talking to me because had recognized me and it was not until he started talking that I figured out who he was. :D And for the record, he is one of the nicest most generous and down to earth people I have ever met.

Wreck It Ralph

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2014, 11:54 am

I scored 79% on Famous Faces - I even missed Robert DeNiro, I couldn't think of his name :lol:

Scored a 140 on alexithymia! Wow, did not expect such a poor result. Firmly in the red zone.

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

AdamK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2014, 6:37 am

I got 65% on the famous faces, but I knew my body's face recognition software wasn't very good before I started. To be honest I'm surprised I got over 60%.

Last edited by AdamK on 13 Aug 2014, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

KariLynn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2014, 3:16 pm

Since facial and emotion recognition skills can be learned, even people labeled ASD, the biggest issue is whether it impacts your life enough to learn the skills.

nuttyengineer
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2014, 7:50 pm

I got 73% on the famous faces test, which is a little bit higher than I would have expected. Some of them were pure dumb luck, though.