Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 12:33 pm

I've never really felt excluded but it doesn't stop me from feeling lonely.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 12:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Max000 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X7sZzSXYs[/youtube]

"there is heat in freezing; be a testament." :idea: thanx Max :)

What a lovely video.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 12:45 pm

bumble wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I don't know if anybody else said this here or not [can't remember] but the frustrating thing about enforced solitude is the inability to share some of the nice things in life with others, in the spirit of brotherhood.

Yes for example I have a museum pass, I can get a discount in the shop and in the cafe...but as I have no one to go with I can't share the benefit that I get from having the pass with anybody.

Plus their is laughter to be shared, love to be shared, hugs for those who like them to be shared...

Makes me feel sad.

Why can't you go to the museum by yourself? When I was a kid and couldn't cope with high school, I would just conveniently miss the school bus. Then I'd walk to a bus stop and catch a bus into the city. I'd spend the entire day in one museum or the other, by myself. On a school day, there were always a lot of students on class field trips in the museum, and I still had my school note book with me. So I would blend right in. Even as an adult many times I have gone to museums by myself. If I go by myself, I'm usually going for me. When I go with other people, it's usually to show them the museum.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 2:51 pm

it is the reminders that one has been rejected when one goes out in public and sees other people who are couples rather than singles, in restaurants when the wait staff tries to hide the singletons next to the kitchen door rather than out in public with the rest of the more respectable couples and families, being treated as an outlier. being charged penalty fares on cruise ships. people finding out you're single and asking [in other more vague words] "what's the matter with you?"

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 2:54 pm

I think I will be single for the rest of my life.

I'm coming to terms with it now anyway.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 3:24 pm

Max000 wrote:
bumble wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I don't know if anybody else said this here or not [can't remember] but the frustrating thing about enforced solitude is the inability to share some of the nice things in life with others, in the spirit of brotherhood.

Yes for example I have a museum pass, I can get a discount in the shop and in the cafe...but as I have no one to go with I can't share the benefit that I get from having the pass with anybody.

Plus their is laughter to be shared, love to be shared, hugs for those who like them to be shared...

Makes me feel sad.

Why can't you go to the museum by yourself? When I was a kid and couldn't cope with high school, I would just conveniently miss the school bus. Then I'd walk to a bus stop and catch a bus into the city. I'd spend the entire day in one museum or the other, by myself. On a school day, there were always a lot of students on class field trips in the museum, and I still had my school note book with me. So I would blend right in. Even as an adult many times I have gone to museums by myself. If I go by myself, I'm usually going for me. When I go with other people, it's usually to show them the museum.

I do go by myself. I also go to the gym and I like to ride buses to the coast so I can sit and eat lunch by the sea. I often share my sandwich with the birds there. I feel sorry for the little ones who don't seem to get much when you just throw the food randomly so I try to aim my 'food throwing' so that it lands near to them. A few very talented birds catch food in mid air and I don't just mean the seagulls who seem to be experts at that!

I often spend all day traveling around on the bus between Norwich and Sheringham. I have been to the Castle in Norwich as well as Cromer Museum and The Mo in Sheringham. I have museum pass which gives me free entry to the museums stated (except The Mo) and 8 others in Norfolk. I also get a discount in the cafe (if they have one) and the gift shop (bought another Dinosaur pencil today).

I also like riding buses around (particularly certain routes) as i enjoy the feeling of motion and the beautiful scenery (I prefer rural routes over inner city ones). 210, x44, 5, 18 and 4 are my favourite bus services to travel around on and all of them travel between the city and the coast. CH3 is also good if you want to take a scenic ride to Wells by the Sea or Hunstanton and the 9 will take you to Fakenham if you want to go there (they have a cafe there that does a lovely chocolate cake). On the Hunstanton route there are lots of windmills to see.

I also like to hike, but am waiting for warmer weather now. Plus the coastal walkway may not be safe at this time due to the recent tidal surge along the Norfolk coast including Cromer (it made a right mess of the pier...I walked along the part of it you are allowed to use today. The area that was fenced off had gaping holes in the floor! It also took away part of the sea wall and some of the embankment behind it. In other areas peoples houses fell down nearby cliffs onto the beach!). Beautiful blue (as I call the ocean) was a naughty girl as now my favourite cafe is closed and I can't get my usual cappuccino and slice of fridge cake there!

I visit the library a lot too.. particularly the one in Cromer but I also like the ones in Sheringham and Norwich too.

I also swim.

I am looking at booking a night at the theater after xmas...but need to buy suitable attire first.

It would just be nice to have someone to share the evening/day/outing with and then come home and enjoy some intimacy together if the person happens to be a lover.

I'd like to hire a boat and visit the a nature trail on the broads in Norfolk. You cannot reach the area on foot. It would be nice to have a companion for the day.

I like to ride roller coasters too. Yarmouth has a Pleasure beach. It would be nice to have someone to ride coasters with on a day when it is not to busy and there are not too many crowds to deal with.

I'd like to play tennis...but need a tennis partner to play on local courts. It looks like fun.

Horse riding is another thing I want to get back into now I am physically well enough to manage it. Going on a trek with a companion might be fun or I might prefer to do that one alone (there are some activities I often prefer to do by myself).

However, I am not asexual unfortunately. I like sex very much but not casual sex with random strangers. I prefer an emotional connection. I also do not feel attracted to men unless I enjoy their company and we can share activities (such as visiting museums) or conversations about mutual interests together. Either that or they need to be very funny. I like men who are very funny. I am lonely for a sexual mate.

I am getting used to the idea of staying alone relationship wise, in some ways it has its perks and I won't ever have to worry about someone wanting to move in with me (really like living on my own..I wanted more of a very long term love affair than a traditional live in relationship anyway), but I had hoped to explore more of my sexuality and also wanted to know what it feels like to ride a rollercoaster with someone.

Strange I know but I have never found anyone who would ride one with me. This makes me feel sad for some reason.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 3:46 pm

Look what my lovely but naughty beautiful blue did:

http://www.andydavisonphotography.co.uk ... mber-2013/

Bad girl!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:12 pm

^^^
BRRRR!! ! THAT looks COLD!

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
BRRRR!! ! THAT looks COLD!

But beautiful. Blue is gorgeous.

I was in Cromer around the time the tidal surge would have struck at its worst but that was over night and I was there during the day. It was bitter and the wind was horrendous in it's intensity. On one occasion I had to wait for a later bus to get home as a tree had gone through the windscreen and it could not continue on its run. I was not in the bus at the time.

Fortunately I do not mind a little cold weather. I dislike it when it is too hot though.

Discussing the weather on WP? I am spending too much time talking with old people at bus stops...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:20 pm

^^^
sorry but I did not mean to offend with my old fart weather musings. :oops:

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^

You did not offend, I was attempting humour. it is ok!

I have started having many conversations about the weather since I have been attempting the being social thing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:25 pm

bumble wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

You did not offend, I was attempting humour. it is ok! I have started having many conversations about the weather since I have been attempting the being social thing.

in a place with weather, that is always a reliable ice-breaker :thumleft:

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
bumble wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

You did not offend, I was attempting humour. it is ok! I have started having many conversations about the weather since I have been attempting the being social thing.

in a place with weather, that is always a reliable ice-breaker :thumleft:

It most certainly is in the UK yes.

Unfortunately for me that seems to be as far as it goes. I guess the next step will be working out how to make a conversation go on for longer without taking up meteorology.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:31 pm

bumble wrote:
Unfortunately for me that seems to be as far as it goes. I guess the next step will be working out how to make a conversation go on for longer without taking up meteorology.

a suggestion- if you see somebody doing something which interests you, you could make THAT an ice-breaker. just ask him or her what he is doing and how he is doing it, while mentioning that it is a fascinating activity. that is what I do. sometimes it works, sometimes they'd rather be left alone, it is the luck of the draw.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:31 pm

^^They are really good photos. Well done.

delaSHANE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 6:44 pm

Dillogic wrote:
I never felt that.

I always just counted the seconds till I could finally go home and get away from it.

Ditto. I, as well.