why men don't chase rich women

Page 1 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 7:31 pm

ok,we know,that rich men are popular with the ladies.
but why isn't the same with rich women.I never hear
guys go ''I want a rich women''so,why don't
guys chase or desire rich women,the same
way women chase or desire rich men.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 7:42 pm

You've never heard of "Boy Toys"? Cougars? It's more common with men because of the generally higher libido, but it's definitely not unheard of.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 7:46 pm

I would like a rich woman. Money makes women more attractive to me.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 8:10 pm

Despite the claims of Feminism, Women are attracted to men more dominant than they are, they always want to be inferior, hence, even if a Woman earns all the money she could ever need, she will still only be attracted to a higher wage earner.

So, whats the point of being attracted to rich women?

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm

Women will only pursue inferior men for an affair since they will have more leverage and control. Obviously there are exceptions but in general if the man can't compete in gifting behaviors they are little more than sex toys if pursued.

I would actually suspect that Aspie women are more likely to be open to "dating down" since they don't care as much about maintaining appearances and gender roles.

You are very likely an Aspie

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 8:20 pm

Nambo wrote:
So, whats the point of being attracted to rich women?

If you are rich too, rich women are less likely to be attracted to you only for your money; so if a rich woman says she loves you, she might actually mean it.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 8:21 pm

It can be challenging to tell a rich woman from a poor one (who dresses well). For women chasing guys, it's fairly easy to figure out who has a decent net worth (shoes, pants, automobile and zip code) but a lot of women do dress well, which makes it challenging to determine if they're 'monied' or just put together well.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 9:14 pm

billiscool wrote:
ok,we know,that rich men are popular with the ladies.
but why isn't the same with rich women.I never hear
guys go ''I want a rich women''so,why don't
guys chase or desire rich women,the same
way women chase or desire rich men.

Oh honey, they do. It's not all women chasing rich men, or all men chasing rich women. It's just a certain subset that does. There are Sugar Daddies and also Sugar Mamas. It crosses all levels of society too, and at times the lady doesn't even have to be rich, she just has to have more money than the guy does. Same with some women who go after guys for money. It's just not as socially acceptable for a guy to seem to care about the money his girl has, and that's because until several decades ago the man was considered to be the provider and the better a provider he was, the better a "catch" he was. It was, and is in many places, considered to be a very "unmanly" trait to depend on your woman to support the family.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 9:20 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
billiscool wrote:
... It's just not as socially acceptable for a guy to seem to care about the money his girl has, and that's because until several decades ago the man was considered to be the provider and the better a provider he was, the better a "catch" he was. It was, and is in many places, considered to be a very "unmanly" trait to depend on your woman to support the family.

"was" /scoff

bryanmaloney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Dec 2013, 9:52 pm

Rich women are far rarer.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 3:58 am

^^ Rich men have daughters too, we are talking about rich women, not necessarily self-made rich women.

Prophet Mohammad married his first wife at age 25 while she was 40 years old, she was very wealthy merchant. But it was her who proposed to him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khadija_bint_Khuwaylid

Regardless of everything, he was certainly a very charming man :lol:.

Quote:
"Muhammad and Khadija were married monogamously for twenty-five years. It can be speculated that this was because Khadija was of a higher social status than Muhammad and could therefore demand fidelity from him.[12] This monogamous marriage contrasts with Muhammad's later practice of polygyny after Khadijah's death. Muhammad's youngest wife, Aisha, was to be jealous of the affection and loyalty that Muhammad maintained for Khadija even after her death.[12]"

Her: "Be loyal or else...! !"

:lol:

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 4:50 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^ Rich men have daughters too, we are talking about rich women, not necessarily self-made rich women.

Prophet Mohammad married his first wife at age 25 while she was 40 years old, she was very wealthy merchant. But it was her who proposed to him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khadija_bint_Khuwaylid

Regardless of everything, he was certainly a very charming man :lol:.

Quote:
"Muhammad and Khadija were married monogamously for twenty-five years. It can be speculated that this was because Khadija was of a higher social status than Muhammad and could therefore demand fidelity from him.[12] This monogamous marriage contrasts with Muhammad's later practice of polygyny after Khadijah's death. Muhammad's youngest wife, Aisha, was to be jealous of the affection and loyalty that Muhammad maintained for Khadija even after her death.[12]"

Her: "Be loyal or else...! !"

:lol:

Do you think that he conveniently negotiated the amount of women he could have with her?

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm

Most women aren't willing to date men who make less money than them.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 6:09 pm

bryanmaloney wrote:

So...are you saying that men don't desire rare things?

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm

Its as much of a confidence thing. They don't think they can have them. I would feel emasculate approaching a rich woman.. or even a well established woman. I'm on okcupid and I rarely get responses from women who have graduated from college and I've started pre-screening them and I'm thinking of lowing my education level so I get matched with less educated / successful people. Maybe I would meet a girl who is fine with my status but idk. It certainly would be easier.

I think that the whole "expensive tastes" thing is more associated with women. So a rich man can provide jewelry and fancy cars/ dining and such. But for a man riding shotgun in a Lamborghini isn't quite the same. The other association with accessorizing males is homosexuality so it's even more emasculate** for a straight male to do.

**(Don't know a better word for the situation sorry, if you know a better plz tell me. Not trying to insult anyone)

bryanmaloney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2013, 7:53 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
bryanmaloney wrote:

So...are you saying that men don't desire rare things?

Men are usually sensible enough to know when something is so unlikely as to be not worth the effort.