Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2013, 11:49 pm

just be aware if you do break it off he might not be available when you are next. the way a lot of guys deal with breakups is to make themselves hate their former gf, alternatively they try to redirect the emotion onto someone else. I'm sure someone has thought of a healthy way of dissipating unrequited emotion but I haven't heard of it.

You are very likely an Aspie

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 5:20 am

It sounds like you are unsure about whether or not to break up. I would suggest doing a pros/cons list about the relationship to help you decide which direction to go in. For me, on the receiving end of vague and conflicting messages, I appreciate honesty. On the giving end, I tend to be honest, but brief. Then I cease all contact with the person. Breaking up for me, means that I no longer wish to have a relationship with the person. So make sure you want to end it before you do anything. Once you reject him, the relationship will never be the same.

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2013, 8:15 am

em_tsuj wrote:
It sounds like you are unsure about whether or not to break up. I would suggest doing a pros/cons list about the relationship to help you decide which direction to go in. For me, on the receiving end of vague and conflicting messages, I appreciate honesty. On the giving end, I tend to be honest, but brief. Then I cease all contact with the person. Breaking up for me, means that I no longer wish to have a relationship with the person. So make sure you want to end it before you do anything. Once you reject him, the relationship will never be the same.

You're so right, just me. Thank you for your input, I'll have to think pretty hard on this. At least, I feel like him and I rushed into serious business when we got involved with each other's families. It might just be me, or perhaps it is that girls and guys treat breaking very differently. I've always grown up to leave friendships/relationships open-ended. But I am learning the social rules. So, thanks. Your advice means a lot to me!

Thanks, buffinator. On an unrelated note, I love your avatar! :)

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 1:55 pm

My avatar is also the face I am making thinking about a girl I like breaking up with me for reasons unrelated to my conduct or relationshipableness. (I like that word and I'm keeping it!)

Relationshiableness: defined at:
the characteristics that... HA! nice try Websters! It's my word and you can't have it!

meh. This post hurts my friendzone.

You are very likely an Aspie

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 2:05 pm

I send you my condoleances, TS.