Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 8:54 pm

Sweet! bees can carry messages up to 15 miles. Attach a SIM card and they may be able to send vast amounts of information. I wonder if drug smugglers have ever tried this.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 4:08 am

How does it work? Do you first have to tame/train the bee?

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 9:51 am

Nope, the drones go back to their hive naturally.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 1:00 pm

I still don't understand how it's meant to work. Can you tell me (us) how you would do it? Isn't a SIM card a bit too big for a bee? If you see a bee with a SIM card, wouldn't it be noticeable? Or are there very small SIM cards?

I'm not being skeptical but am simply curious.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm

Interesting.

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 4:35 pm

jk1 wrote:
I still don't understand how it's meant to work. Can you tell me (us) how you would do it? Isn't a SIM card a bit too big for a bee? If you see a bee with a SIM card, wouldn't it be noticeable? Or are there very small SIM cards?

I'm not being skeptical but am simply curious.

Well the original document was old and simply said to attach a note to the back of the bee. However, I read that bees can lift their own weight. Considering a micro SD weighs half a gram, I bet it would be possible to trim the tech down so that it is feasible.