Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LastSanityJermaine
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2014, 5:11 am

Me my memory is good where I don't have to study for test and score over a 90 for anything except math because it only takes me once with full focus to memorize it. When it comes to traumatic and depressing moments in life my mind seems to record them down and play them every day in my head so I never forget them, I really hate this I wish this memory would go to something more useful than to have me relive the pain everyday.

I tend to have short term memory often like I develop a good question or answer in class and forget it when the teacher calls on me or I try to remind myself to do something later like look at a video, run back home after walking 5 blocks to find out if I left the door unlocked or not, or tell someone at home that someone called them then I forget and only remember 3-5 days later. Numbers are something I can't seem to remember, the only phone number I know is my home number, I can't remember the dates of historic events but I know what weekday/weekend they were on and in the order the events happened. My grades in science started dropping when I started doing science classes that involved more math like Chemistry and Physics. I can remember my songs down to every detail but I seem to replay certain parts of the songs over and over, since I don't have an MP3 I tend to use my mind as a music player, same with my favorite shows I can memorize every detail and play it through. I can memorize all the ingredients and directions on recipes even if they're over 10 but I can't remember the amounts I'm so suppose to use or the amount of time I use.

To be honest the savantism and my outlook on life is the only thing actually wanting me to keep my Asperger's.

Is your memory at your advantage and or disadvantage to certain things?

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:28 am

i have excellent long-term memory and bad short-term memory.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:29 am

i have always had quite a big problem with memory. i am sure its something to do with sequencing but i cannot place any memory i have into a time frame so i think it effects my emotional attachment, for example negative episodes in my life have no frame they could have happened a year ago or 6 years ago as far as i know, i rely on other people to know when things happen.

my visual memory is also very poor, i don't remember anything visually, although i can remember pictures of things. faces are the same problem.

as for revising for tests i have always been able to do that satisfactory as i have managed to pass.

is it normal to not be able to put memory's into a time, its hard to tell when you have not got anyone else to compare to?

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:58 am

i am a visual thinker, i can remember something that happened over 10 years ago, perfectly, i can remember how things looked right down to the smallest detail.

unfortunately i have a very slow information processing I.Q, so i may not remember what someone says to me or something i have seen briefly.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 12:21 pm

My memory is mixed. Sometimes I can remember everything. Other times it's a blur. I can't control it.

I do have very vivid early memories.