Felt lonely with Facebook, now feel lonely without it

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 3:33 pm

I have deactivated my Facebook account because I felt rather left out when seeing people's news feed of photos of them out with their friends and having relationships being announced and stupid daft things being posted like somebody talking about their penis. I mean, what the hell? I didn't want to unfriend those stupid people because I'm afraid of looking jealous or dramatic (these people are local people or are relatives of mine, it wouldn't matter unfriending them so much if they lived at the other side of the country or something). It's not their fault they're NTs and I'm a lonely Aspie. So I thought I'd do something about it, which is deactivate my Facebook account.

But it's been a few days now and I'm missing it. I did enjoy going on it to see the news feed (as long as it wasn't of youngsters having a good time at the night bar with all their mates and lovers). Also I sometimes like using the search bar to find different people whom I used to know or know vaguely and seeing who I can find. You can't do that unless you have an activated account. It was sometimes fun when I got bored of the other sites I go on (like WP and Youtube).

I could leave Facebook for a couple more weeks, and then see if I can get it so that I can still have these (annoying/boasting/oversocial) people as friends but can't see their news feed. I did consider that before but didn't know how to do it, as couldn't see the options anywhere. Would that work that way? Then I could have a bit of both; still have Facebook, still have all my Facebook friends on it, but don't have to feel depressed when seeing some Facebook friend's news feed.

Rabbers
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2014, 4:07 pm

There's a little arrow to the right of peoples names and if you click on it you get the option to hide their posts. I have to use that with a few people who annoy me but I don't want to unfriend because we have mutual friends or I might bump into them and it would be awkwad

Cannon_Dancer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2014, 4:49 pm

Ugh, painful watching those for some of the reasons you mentioned. To cast away my Facebook account crossed my mind but now I just post something and don't look back. It has come in handy for talking to my cousins and a few apps use it for easy logins. I'll just come out and say what is saving me. The cure for your lonely heart is to spend time alone with Jesus.

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 8:51 pm

I see why you feel lonely without a Facebook. You feel like you are missing out of one part of the world. You feel like you wouldn't know what is happening in the world around you.

Cheer up! :D

MBTI- ISTP

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2017, 1:10 am

People are not interesting at all. They are stupid and insignificant for some rare exeptions.