Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Herman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

If you look at any interesting exciting figures in the history of humankind particularly the thinkers, be it philosophy/religion, technology/science, art, music etc.. You are very likely to find that most of them have traits that would put them on the spectrum.

If you look at fictional characters in books and films. The interesting kooky characters everyone loves and are worthy of watching, capturing the audiences hearts and emotions, they also often fit on the Spectrum, or at the least they are not NT.

Autistic and other NAT people display the beauty of humanity, its intelligence, its sorrows, its awkwardness, its unique twists. variety and oddities.

The NT world can be rather dull.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 11:34 pm

Herman wrote:
If you look at any interesting exciting figures in the history of humankind particularly the thinkers, be it philosophy/religion, technology/science, art, music etc.. You are very likely to find that most of them have traits that would put them on the spectrum.

If you look at fictional characters in books and films. The interesting kooky characters everyone loves and are worthy of watching, capturing the audiences hearts and emotions, they also often fit on the Spectrum, or at the least they are not NT.

Autistic and other NAT people display the beauty of humanity, its intelligence, its sorrows, its awkwardness, its unique twists. variety and oddities.

The NT world can be rather dull.

Tesla devoted his entire life to science, and he has a ton of characteristics that otherwise suggest he was on the spectrum.

He never had any relationship of any kind, but who's to say he wanted one?

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 12:33 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
1. Because they dont know they are aspies

2. All the NTs are taken, so to them they are lowering their standards.

3. They are just after a fling and want to take the aspie for a ride.

1. Sometimes they do know and don't care

2. All of the NT's are not taken!

3. This is just ridiculous and you know it!

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm

Why not?

Poor motivation

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jan 2014, 3:05 am

There's lots of reasons. The NT may find some Aspie quirks attractive. They may have similar interests. They may of been friends awhile. The NT may have problems with bad partners in the past & likes the stereotype that Aspies are honest & extremity loyal. The NT may have a parent complex & want a guy they can fix, control or is just dependent on them. The Aspie may have a good body. Aspie may have a nice job or other material things that some care about. The NT may like how the Aspie is direct & upfront. The NT may have some mental disorders that the Aspie can relate to or is sympathetic of. The Aspie may be very high-functioning or at least functional in major ways that are import for the NT.No two Apies or NTs are alike & everyone is a different individual & has their own likes, dislikes & good qualities & bad qualities so it depends on the specif Aspie & the specif NT that date.

My 1st girlfriend was NT. We met on a forum & had some similar interests. We had some weird things n comon like dyslexia, OCD & ADHD. She had a werd typ-n styl kina lik dis but very hie-per & i understod her posts beter dan lots of otherz & i thought it was kina cUte. We became online friends & she was a bit younger than me; she was 15 & I was 20. She had some problems & I was very supportive & protective of her. I was somewhat of a mentor I guess & she never had a dad so there could of been kind of a father/daughter complex thing going on. She told me she liked me & I never considered the idea of a relationship with her before then due to not have any interest in relationships. I thought about it for a bit & was kind of worried about the age difference but realized how much happier she was & how she was working on her issues having me as a friend & 1ce I made peace with that aspect I suddenly realized I liked her because she was the 1st person I could connect with, relate to & be myself with & she was a good friend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 7:10 am

Flyer wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
I just don't understand.

Because no other NTs would date them.

What a BS. I am an aspie woman and I do consider myself more attractive than plenty of NT women.
So far I've only dated one guy, and he has dated and attracts plenty of NT women.

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jan 2014, 6:09 am

I don't think it's right to say people with their brains wired differently shouldn't date. It's the same sort of thing as opposing interracial marriage. And maybe it's not so much of an attraction to AS traits as it is to the person themself - the best people are the ones who see someone for who they truly are, not some diagnosis written down on a piece of paper.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
1. Because they dont know they are aspies

2. All the NTs are taken, so to them they are lowering their standards.

3. They are just after a fling and want to take the aspie for a ride.

1. Sometimes they do know and don't care

2. All of the NT's are not taken!

3. This is just ridiculous and you know it!
:lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

crubs
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jan 2014, 8:33 pm

For aspie guys, it's because he's physically attractive. Everything else is secondary to that.

Chelsea_820
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jan 2014, 8:59 pm

Because I love my Aspie boyfriend and he loves me back!
He was the first boy to show me I am worth something. Before him the only other men I had been with we're hook up, men who just wanted to use me. When I met him I knew we would be together forever. He makes me feel important, beautiful, smart, and loved! I've never been happier in my life.
His Aspie qualities are really what turned me on to him. His honesty, sincerity, and loyalty. Plus I find a guy with a brain to be incredibly sexy!
And he is so darn cute!! ! That's not Aspie related, but he is the cutest boy ever!

Herman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2014, 9:05 pm

I disagree^^

With aspie women, any behavioural quirks, hell even if she is a grade A b***h. It matters very little as all men go crazy for a moderately pretty woman.

With men, I would say it is more usually success/wealth or intelligence. For most socially popular women, even the most extremely attractive looks of a man will not overcome strange hobbies and social weirdness. But many men on the spectrum are very good at certain things which can lead them to great success.

xblossomis9x
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2014, 9:30 pm

because it only matters what type of person you are :)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 9:47 pm

Theyre on the rebound!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

voodoojoey
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2014, 9:10 am

I'm not dating her, but there's at some level mutual feelings (it's complicated and weird), but my NT best friend that I'm in love with likes my "different"-ness. She somehow finds the various aspects of my aspergers endearing or cute, especially when I take things literally or get intensely frustrated over something requiring fine motor skills.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 9:22 am

They don't know.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 12:06 pm

I've only had relationships with NTs, so I have no idea what a relationship with someone like me would be like. Too late now, as I'm married to a lovely NT lady.

Of my past relationships....

1. Some were just going on physical attraction (I used to be quite good-looking).
2. Some of those above didn't realize till too late!
3. Some found my eccentricities endearing (for a while, anyway).
4. Some were attracted by shared interests and opinions.