Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2014, 11:07 am

It seems to really depend. When I was in my teens and early twenties, the NTs I dated tended to do one of several things: value my openness, analytic capabilities, nerdiness and willingness to hang out or they viewed me as an improvement project (they would try to 'teach' me to be more stylish and/or normal over the course of the relationship.)

I can't help but wonder if it's a little of both.

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 1:30 pm

mouthyb wrote:
It seems to really depend. When I was in my teens and early twenties, the NTs I dated tended to do one of several things: value my openness, analytic capabilities, nerdiness and willingness to hang out or they viewed me as an improvement project (they would try to 'teach' me to be more stylish and/or normal over the course of the relationship.)

The helping improve style and fit in better is pretty normal NT to NT behavior, they use these attempts to bring out the best in you and they want everyone they show you off to impressed. Lots of stories of gf's helping a man with looks and grooming and clothes after they start dating.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 1:45 pm

Go away.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2014, 1:50 pm

KingofKaboom: Being a project was a lot less frustrating when I was younger. Now I find it a little frustrating. I know I need some guidance, but it's still frustrating.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 1:53 pm

NT's can be introverts too. Sometimes opposites attract and can compliment. You can learn from someone who is your opposite and they can learn from you.

If most people would stop focusing on "Does this person give me instant gratification" and instead focus on "Can our bond last" things might be better for everyone.

There are people who want someone with identical interests.
There are people who figure out they need someone who is vastly different than them so they can broaden their horizons.

There are men that prefer submissive women, there are men that prefer dominant women.

The problem with labels is that it takes away from the person's individuality as they are lumped in with such a label. Not all aspies are the same.

Not all NT's are the same. No two people react to the same situation and process it differently.

There is no manual that holds true to love so just burn them....it's just another author with opinions to make money for themselves.

Judge a person by their individuality and if you find a token aspie in your group and both of you don't see eye to eye so you declare "No more aspies!" you should stop being so prejudice.

People are people. We're all different living in a society that wants everyone to be easier to control, easier to peg from the start for snap decisions but underneath it all, it's a sham.

You are who you are, good and bad.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 2:03 pm

mouthyb wrote:
KingofKaboom: Being a project was a lot less frustrating when I was younger. Now I find it a little frustrating. I know I need some guidance, but it's still frustrating.
It's not really being a project though. They aren't interested in changing who you are merely how you appear when together. They want their partner to look good. It's normal in every relationship. It shows that they care about you. If they ask you to stop playing video games that's changing you, if they ask you to shave a certain way they like how it looks on you ect.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2014, 2:08 pm

KingofKaboom: Sometimes it was benign. Sometimes I felt like the world's biggest dress up doll.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 3:32 pm

1. Because they dont know they are aspies

2. All the NTs are taken, so to them they are lowering their standards.

3. They are just after a fling and want to take the aspie for a ride.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 4:14 pm

mouthyb wrote:

^^ I like cars and motorcycles and "guy things." There were also the ones who liked that I liked "guy things' but were also constantly trying to make me more feminine. I do wear my hair long and I wear makeup (and sometimes nail polish), but sorry, I don't do the dresses, heels, and "accessorizing" thing.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2014, 4:35 pm

Eureka: Yeah, that really turned into a bone of contention in some of my early relationships with NTs. Sometimes I'll do the whole dress up thing (which is hours of work, total, including a second bath, a whole lot of shaving I don't usually do, exfoliation everywhere, a full body lotioning, loads of product in the hair and about $80 in makeup on the face), but mostly I like my jeans and t shirt. I kept running into these men and women who decided how I could be most attractive and kept pressuring me to do the high femme thing, which is just not comfortable for me. Then they'd try to wean me away from my comics and video games, and try to talk me into being a stay at home wife/girlfriend or try to get me to behave more ladylike (to be nicer, quieter, more passive, etc.)

I like my current routine, which involves shaving the legs and pits, exfoliation and a good moisturizer, and I really prefer jeans and a tshirt, or leggings and a tshirt. And woe betide the sucker that gets between me and mah games.

Plus, I'm clumsy. Me and heels ends up me and floor rather often. :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 4:37 pm

Because they have big dicks and cum twice the load - my overexposure of testosterone theory.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 4:40 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
mouthyb wrote:

^^ I like cars and motorcycles and "guy things." There were also the ones who liked that I liked "guy things' but were also constantly trying to make me more feminine. I do wear my hair long and I wear makeup (and sometimes nail polish), but sorry, I don't do the dresses, heels, and "accessorizing" thing.
Very few women do dresses at all anymore, I see them as attractive and special if worn at important events though.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 5:21 pm

Quote:
Plus, I'm clumsy. Me and heels ends up me and floor rather often.

Oh yeah, that too!

Cynic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2014, 11:48 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
I just don't understand.

What's wrong with that? Do you think NTs shouldn't date aspies?

I never said that they shouldn't. I just don't understand what they find attractive about Aspies. I think NTs are way more attractive than Aspies when in comes to personality. I don't understand why they would put up with Aspies.

Very few Aspies get NTs wanting to date them, and the ones who do tend to be rather wealthy and appear NT enough to pass for being one.

kaedatiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jan 2014, 12:13 pm

When it comes to NTs, I tend to go with artists and nerds. In addition to having similar interests, sometimes they have experience with being outcast as so-called freaks and geeks, and it can give them enough insight to know to be patient. My previous two boyfriends tried to change me, but they both came from families that value conformity. Nowadays I try to give as full of a disclaimer as I can, but it still doesn't scare everyone off. Different people just value different things, NT or not.

Herman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

If you look at any interesting exciting figures in the history of humankind particularly the thinkers, be it philosophy/religion, technology/science, art, music etc.. You are very likely to find that most of them have traits that would put them on the spectrum.

If you look at fictional characters in books and films. The interesting kooky characters everyone loves and are worthy of watching, capturing the audiences hearts and emotions, they also often fit on the Spectrum, or at the least they are not NT.

Autistic and other NAT people display the beauty of humanity, its intelligence, its sorrows, its awkwardness, its unique twists. variety and oddities.

The NT world can be rather dull.