Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 4:50 pm

i'm talking about an ex neighbor here, and it happened many years ago, but it still kinda nags at me. something she told me i cant get out of my mind.
she said she was in the train station, and a girl about ten told her she was lost, and the neighbor just walked out of the station without saying anything. she said she was in a hurry, and that she knew cops kept patrolling the station all the time, and there were many people around. she didnt think the kid was in danger.
i dont know if she was crazy or not. any thoughts on the subject? she usually seemed like a decent person, but looks can be decieving.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 4:58 pm

First thought: We don't know, and there is no possible way for us to know whether or not a stranger in the past is or was "crazy".

Second thought (opinion): She seems to have been cold-hearted - nothing more.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm

I don't think crazy is the right word for it. Uncaring, maybe. She could have at least brought the kid to station staff... a few minutes is a small price to pay to help a scared kid.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 7:17 pm

I don't think she is/was crazy at all. If she was in a hurry, she shouldn't waste her time. I wouldn't be involved in anything like that. I might get accused of abducting a child or pedophilia. You never know.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 9:12 pm

Quote:
If she was in a hurry, she shouldn't waste her time.

Helping a lost child is not a waste of time!

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 9:31 pm

I imagine I'd be late for work and probably get yelled at, but when it comes to children, no amount of protection can be enough. I would've turned her over to station staff so they could make an announcement to find her parents or guardian.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 2:06 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I imagine I'd be late for work and probably get yelled at, but when it comes to children, no amount of protection can be enough. I would've turned her over to station staff so they could make an announcement to find her parents or guardian.

love your attitude. so would I.
I just wonder if she put the kid's life at risk.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 2:07 am

redrobin62 wrote:

love your attitude. so would I.
I just wonder if she put the kid's life at risk.