Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 6:14 am

One of two.

I prefer to get tattoos if I really, really like something, not just crap to support an "alternative" lifestyle, and not just crap because I like it.

Both the ones I have are things I've been obsessed with for a very, very long time.

AutisticArmyVet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2014, 11:01 am

I have twelve or thirteen. Each one has meaning for me. I love the stimulation from the tat machine. It has a calming effect for me. I still need to finish my sleeves, chest, back, and get my calves done as well. My favorite tattoo is a memorial tattoo for my son that was murdered.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 12:28 am

I have two unfinished ones (the artist was missing one color) I need to get them finished - one pink rose and one breast cancer ribbon

then I want two more, a red ribbon and a puzzle ribbon

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 1:27 pm

khaoz wrote:
I don't particularly like the term "pride", but if their is one pride in my life, it is that I have never succumbed to the temptation to deface my body with tattoos or piercings of any kind. No slam on anyone else, but personally, to me, to give in to that idea is a lack of personal discipline. I don't understand the reason for it. I don't need a permanent reminder of anything or anyone. My mind works just fine in that respect. I can remember in vivid detail things from as early as age 5 that even my parents don't recall. What is not in this moment is either illusion or delusion. I don't need reminders of either. It is not going to help me in any way now. Holding on to things in the mind causes nothing but problems. And when I see tattoos on others I view it as an intrusion, a deliberate intrusion on my peace of mind. It is like someone is demanding that I notice them. I view tattoos as cheating.

While I respect your opinion, I disagree that people - including myself- are FORCING you to look. The majority of the time I am well-covered, cannot see them. When they are showing, nobody is holding your head and forcing your eyes open to gaze at them. Do not like it, look the other way. Being inked does not mean we have no self discipline. For me, it was a very long decision before getting it done. How are tattoos cheating in any way? Except for test answers :lol: