Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 8:43 am

As long as it doesn't harm you, why not go for it?

It brings blood to your brain, it seems to me.

alieneuro
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2016, 10:06 pm

My stim is basically using my fingers to flick/poke the surface of my palm which is extremely sensory seeking, and self injurous. (my hands looks like they are in a fist position) :|
I have extreme sensitivity to smells (no perfumes, scents etc.) and touch. :x
And yep, very limited food variety. :ninja:
Surprisingly, my difficulty with noise is not that bad to make me cover my ears, but do make me overstimulated. :(
I do not have difficulties with light etc. :)

RTSD
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2016, 7:24 am

Where to start? I cannot handle silence, but cannot stand not knowing where a sound is coming from. I hate changes in weather, going from hot to cold or vice versa drives me crazy. Loud noises send me right over the deep end. Being by myself scares me but too many strangers around make me nuts. I need my feet covered with something but cannot wear socks or anything tight on them to sleep. I love the feeling of walking bare foot and hate having shoes on most of the time. I hate the feeling of kisses, soft touch hurts more than getting slugged. I very much dislike anyone coming into my personal bubble without permission (my bubble is as far as I can reach with my arm stretched out). I cannot handle a clean room but everything has a place that I expect to find it (I know when something has been moved in my mess).I hate the sound of the wind when I am wearing my earplugs but the sound of people around me and the cars passing on the street are worse so I still wear them.

This is the short list. Some days I want a vacation from me.

Stephen__
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2016, 7:49 am

I hate wooly itchy clothing and seams. I always dress for comfort. If I grow a beard then when I'm stressed it feels so itchy I want to rip my face off.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 2:19 pm

Well, here goes :D :

Tactile- I can't stand being touched at all, but I'm working on that. I also hate the feeling of skin rubbing against skin, so it's hard washing my hands and things like that. I have to wear male clothing most of the time because women's shirts bother me so much. I only like one specific brand of socks, and I hate those kinds of socks that don't come up all the way. I always have my hair in a ponytail because I need some pressure on my head. I also dislike kisses because of the feeling. I used to only wear jeans and other tight pants, but I'm working on that too. I'm very ticklish. I can't touch lotion or sunscreen. Even though I am mostly hypersensitive, I seek out tactile input as well. I love to touch certain things, while I hate touching other things.

Vestibular- this sense has always been hyposensitive for me. I have always loved being thrown around and going on fast or spinning rides. Lately, they have begun to make me nauseous, but I still crave the vestibular input. I can't win! I love going over bumps in the road and things like that, and sometimes I gain vestibular input by bouncing up and down or shaking my leg.

Motor Skills/Proprioceptive- I have difficulty with fine motor skills as well as gross. I can't use utensils very well, and I press too hard on things like my toothbrush and crayons so they break. I also can't do my own hair. I was late to catch a ball, roll over, crawl, do jumping jacks, and motor skills are still hard for me. I have always sucked at all sports, and I don't do very well in gym class. I also can't copy aerobic steps or other movements very well.

Auditory- I am very sensitive to noises, especially loud or sudden noises. I hate high-pitched sounds as well. I cover my ears when I hear certain sounds. I also like people if their voice sounds nice, and I may copy some of their vocal characteristics. Even though I am so sensitive to noise, I sometimes don't realize when my name is being called. I have a hard time processing things in a noisy environment. I also love excessively loud music and TV, as long as I control it. It is hard for me to process what is being said on TV sometimes, so that is why I like having the volume up quite a bit. I can't tell where a noise is coming from either. I need directions repeated a lot before I finally remember/process them. I also have difficulty telling the difference between people's voices.

Gustatory (taste)- I'm a pretty picky eater, and I would probably eat the same thing every day if I could. It's really hard for me to swallow, and I have a fear of choking. I don't lick envelopes because I don't like the taste. I don't think I like cold foods very much, because I hate ice cream. I prefer more bland foods to spicy or sweet things. I also don't like condiments or seasonings.

Olfactory- I can't stand certain smells. I am usually the first person to notice a smell. I also sometimes smell objects before I use them.

Visual- I hate things like bright lights. I can't stand going to stores or school sometimes because I get very overwhelmed by all the "things" in them. I avoid eye contact (I either fake it or just don't look at the person at all). Dark rooms are like a sanctuary for me, especially after being around a lot of overstimulating visual input. I also used to write on a slant quite a bit, and I suck at jigsaw puzzles (don't know if that is a sensory issue or not).

I used the sensory processing disorder checklist and only included what I have trouble with the most. Some of my sensory issues have gotten worse and get even worse under stress as well.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine