Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 7:14 pm

I was thinking about this. The thing I like about crushes is that they are on people that are at a distance. I get to feel all gooey inside without dealing with the reality of another person.

All those things that people do, and have to do, that I really would rather not know about for the most part.

The crush = fantasy

reality = reality and all the things that people really do and the lack of distance/space....I need my space....very much so. If I don't have it, I can't get oriented and it overloads me.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 2:22 pm

Crushes are indeed better than reality as there is no chance of them ever coming to anything ergo they are safer.

To answer the question: I have a crush and have had it since March 1980 on a Swedish rock musician little known outside his own nation where he has God status.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 2:48 pm

I believe that there at different levels at which you can have a crush. I've had crushes before, but they were either romantic or heavily-platonic crushes. I never realised that I didn't have sexual crushes because I was not aware of the urges some people with crushes have since I'd never had them myself. I only discovered last year that I was Asexual. But I still call my obsessions with boys with long hair (Those are my type) crushes that are either romantic or very platonic.

What I'm trying to say is, whenever I get a crush, it invovles fantasising about being his friend and doing things that best friends do with him, maybe kiss sometimes if it is a romantic crush. I never look at someone and think about doing anything sexual with them.

Whenever I get a crush on someone I know in real life, I'll have urges to want to talk to them and become their friend. That's all I really want, to be friends with them, because I don't want another boyfriend after what happened last year. And sometimes wanting is better than having. It's easier for me to have crushes on fictional characters because they're not real so I don't have to worry about talking to them X)

Zizu58
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2016, 1:58 pm

bumble wrote:
Do individuals with an ASD experience crushes?

Have you ever had a crush?

I've had crushes on girls since I was about 7 years old .

Nowadays I get kinda obsessed when I see a beautiful woman wether it's on TV or in the local supermarket .

My stomach does cartwheels or whatever it is ....if its a celeb I'll google loads of photos and read all about them but if it's a woman around town I'll just have a hot flush /)

choklado
Raven
Raven

21 May 2016, 2:08 pm

I'm 14 and I think I'm having a crush right now heh...
Too bad I'm waaay to afraid to approach him.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 12:04 am

I've had crushes since I was in Kindergarten and I'm 21 now. My last real innocent "crush" was probably in high school, but I have had other men I've been interesting in since, including my now boyfriend.

lymerence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2016, 3:59 am

I almost wish I didn't get crushes, tbh. They never get requited.