Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 9:31 pm

I didn't take it as sarcastic - I hope he's in the right hands! It's really about more than catsup, of course, but that's what he does for a living.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 11:21 am

wozeree wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:
I have one of those selectively eidetic memories, so I remember reading this in a fortune cookie when I was 9:

"Poor man squeeze penny. Rich man squeeze tomato."

It still doesn't make much sense to me.

Hey, can I use that for my Catsup King novel?

Edit - I forgot to change the avatar! I'll get around to it.

Yes of course you can use it in your book. Actually I am beginning to like your avatar. :compress:

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 9:35 pm

I can eat them, but if I touch them, they make my skin itch and burn :/

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 3:40 am

Willard wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
My parents were just telling me the other day that one of their friends who'd been keeping us all supplied with fresh real tomatoes for years isn't going to be tending their vegetable garden anymore. :(

Grow your own, it's not that hard. They can even be grown in large pots by a window if you are an apartment dweller. Just make sure you get heirloom plants. I'm going to try and find brandywine tomatoes this year, an old Amish slicing variety. I don't care for Cherry tomatoes so I can't recommend a variety of them.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 6:27 am

Wind wrote:
I can eat them, but if I touch them, they make my skin itch and burn :/

There is a possible reason for this, tomatoes are in the nightshade family, you have to be very careful around the plant actually, it is why for a very long time people did not eat them.

I actually love tomatoes but not really the ones from stores, they are like superballs, prefer organic from a farmers market

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 6:36 am

To the OP:

Its probably just a food allergy (nothing to do with autism/aspergers).

As the poster said above: tomatoes are a benign member of the deadly nightshade family of poisonous plants.

Tomato leaves and stems are toxic, and even the tomato fruit has some low levels of the same toxic alkoloids that make its relatives lethal. Not enough to effect most eaters, but maybe with age your body is getting sensitive to it.