Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:42 pm

bumble wrote:
I have a high sex drive but no partner. I just wait for the menopause now as i hope my sex drive will go away. Its frustrating not having a sexual partner when you like sex.

+1

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:43 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Then the majority of men must have AS then. :roll:

Actually, I think my sex drive has always been at least twice as high as any of the NT guys I've known (though they were certainly more vocal in expressing theirs).

Last edited by Willard on 11 Feb 2014, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:47 pm

I honestly don't know why this thread is continuing. Aspies tend to have very high or very low [fill in the blank here]. A "sex drive" can switch on and off throughout life. There is no dimmer switch. It's symptomatic of the syndrome: 0 or 1, on or off.

Some may claim "asexuality" when in fact it's simply a "0" condition of sexual drive. Multiply zero by anything and you're going to get an "a-whatever." It's very mathematical.

No matter what our situation, we really ought to reserve sexual expression for marriage -- so as not to waste our attachments on an ephemeral affection -- and for the generation of children. These are the facts of marriage which are based on logic.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:58 pm

My sexual attention is focused on one person at a time, whoever I happen to be in a serious, long-term relationship with. It's not a general "I want to have sex with every man I see" kind of thing. When I am lacking an object for sexual attention, I usually don't think about it much, but when I'm with someone I care about, I want to have sex a lot more than most women seem to. I guess that falls within the parameters of "or or off." I don't know if it works the same for Aspie males.

steppinthrax
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2014, 5:23 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
bumble wrote:
I have a high sex drive but no partner. I just wait for the menopause now as i hope my sex drive will go away. Its frustrating not having a sexual partner when you like sex.

+1

I actually felt bad (rare occurrence of feeling for someone) when she indicated this. To me it's almost like someone is sacrificing themselves.

castor13159
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2014, 11:43 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
My sexual attention is focused on one person at a time, whoever I happen to be in a serious, long-term relationship with. It's not a general "I want to have sex with every man I see" kind of thing. When I am lacking an object for sexual attention, I usually don't think about it much, but when I'm with someone I care about, I want to have sex a lot more than most women seem to. I guess that falls within the parameters of "or or off." I don't know if it works the same for Aspie males.

i guess it all depends on who u are with at the time and what u are feeling at that time

castor13159
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2014, 11:44 pm

forget bout that last one

i guess it all depends on who u are with at the time and what u are feeling at that time

joeyyeoj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2014, 2:30 am

steppinthrax wrote:
My therapist indicated that I have a very low refractory period (see below).

It's very bothering. It's also very easy for me to fantasize etc... The fantasies can easily take over what I was previously thinking about.

Why would that bother you? I enjoy having a low refractory period..... because I have a high sex drive usually and I like to please my partner.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

12 Feb 2014, 3:13 am

Mine's just normal. I'm still a virgin, closing in on 27.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 1:32 pm

Nope.

I'm asexual.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 1:48 pm

I have a very high sex drive, and it's honestly quite annoying to me.

I've seen a lot of these "autism and sex drive" threads, and what I've noticed is very few people ever describe themselves as normal. It's either their asexual or hypersexual...

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2014, 6:09 pm

steppinthrax wrote:
I actually felt bad (rare occurrence of feeling for someone) when she indicated this. To me it's almost like someone is sacrificing themselves.

I am reluctant to wade into this one with a full answer, for various reasons.

However, I will admit to being struck with a mixture of horror and pity at reading that, especially when somebody else +1'd it. I have never before heard anybody echo such hopelessness about anything other than serious illness. I have been at rock bottom many times regarding the thought of finding a potential partner some day or having to settle for some emotionally flaky NT woman, but not to the extent of wishing something like that on myself.

I just don't know what else one can say :(

Last edited by IKnowWhoIAmNow on 14 Feb 2014, 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daydreamer23
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Feb 2014, 6:11 pm

Mine is very high, but that's probably due to being 19 .

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 6:54 pm

Last edited by bumble on 13 Feb 2014, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2014, 7:43 pm

I will say only that I'm sorry this has upset you; in not wishing something on myself I was not referring to the menopause, but the lack of a sex drive; not judgement, sorrow that you (or anyone else) has reason to feel that way, especially the reasons you have given, which having seen them, makes your position understandable; I assumed you would see it and didn't quote you directly due to not wanting to answer it in full precisely because of the likely misunderstandings that might occur. I don't judge you, it's your life.

Last edited by IKnowWhoIAmNow on 14 Feb 2014, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm

IKnowWhoIAmNow wrote:
I will say only that I'm sorry this has upset you; in not wishing something on myself I was not referring to the menopause, but the lack of a sex drive; not judgement, sorrow that you (or anyone else) has reason to feel that way, especially the reasons you have given, which having seen them, makes your position understandable; I assumed you would see it and didn't quote you directly due to not wanting to answer it in full precisely because of the likely misunderstandings that might occur. I don't judge you, it's your life.

Ok explanation accepted. In all fairness I am a little on the tetchy side tonight for one reason or another and I may have misread the intention of your post.