Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 11:51 am

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
1stSauce wrote:
TB-03 and TB-09 are the ones I'd like to get being a huge house music fan

I would get the TR-8 because it has the 808 and 909 sounds combined.

Right. But, like I said, if you go that route, I strongly recommend purchasing the 7x7 expansion that you download directly from the roland website. It has all of the 7x7 drums PLUS there was an update just last year that includes all the 606 sounds (if you have the pre-update version of 7x7 expansion, the 606 is instantly available as soon as you install the most recent update).

I gotta stop. I could go on all day about the TR-8 and its awesomeness.

The boutique series is better on the price point--BUT you get what you pay for. The UI is classic vintage drum machine. For my money, though, the full AIRA version, though pricier than any single box from the boutique series, is waaaaaay more bang for the buck. Especially once you factor in the expansion. You come out about even for two boutique series machines vs. one TR8, but then you get all the 7x7 sounds plus the 606.

And then there's the scatter knobby...

Forget the boutique series. You need this in your life!

Ok, done now...

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 7:51 pm

AngelRho wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
1stSauce wrote:
TB-03 and TB-09 are the ones I'd like to get being a huge house music fan

I would get the TR-8 because it has the 808 and 909 sounds combined.

Right. But, like I said, if you go that route, I strongly recommend purchasing the 7x7 expansion that you download directly from the roland website. It has all of the 7x7 drums PLUS there was an update just last year that includes all the 606 sounds (if you have the pre-update version of 7x7 expansion, the 606 is instantly available as soon as you install the most recent update).

I gotta stop. I could go on all day about the TR-8 and its awesomeness.

The boutique series is better on the price point--BUT you get what you pay for. The UI is classic vintage drum machine. For my money, though, the full AIRA version, though pricier than any single box from the boutique series, is waaaaaay more bang for the buck. Especially once you factor in the expansion. You come out about even for two boutique series machines vs. one TR8, but then you get all the 7x7 sounds plus the 606.

And then there's the scatter knobby...

Forget the boutique series. You need this in your life!

Ok, done now...

Hmmm... That's a good idea! I forgot about the TR-606! Maybe I will do that when I have enough money to buy the thing first... xD

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:51 am

A TR-606 would be cool to have just because it's what Big Black used on their early records. They pioneered a unique sound that basically combined hardcore punk with noise music and industrial. The pounding, robotic sounding electronic drums they used helped give their music a really driving feel.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:43 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
A TR-606 would be cool to have just because it's what Big Black used on their early records. They pioneered a unique sound that basically combined hardcore punk with noise music and industrial. The pounding, robotic sounding electronic drums they used helped give their music a really driving feel.

I like that synthetic feel in the vintage drum machines like the Linn Drum LM-1 (even though it sounds more realistic), the TR-808 (love the sexy rimshot), the TR-909, and the TR-606. Repetitiveness in drum machines like these in early house music is the reason why I love 'em so much! :D :heart:

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on August 14, 2017)

Last edited by LegoMaster2149 on 14 Aug 2017, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 9:23 am

The Roland TR-08 came out recently! I am excited to hear that! :D

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 12:24 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:

It’s cool. But Ima have to push the TR-8 with the online expansion.

What I’m saving my pennies for is the TB-03.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 12:34 pm

AngelRho wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

It’s cool. But Ima have to push the TR-8 with the online expansion.

What I’m saving my pennies for is the TB-03.

I have a TB-03, and it sounds great! For the Analog Circuitry Behavior technique that Roland used, it sounds excellent! I'll never regret buying it! ;)