What do you have other than aspergers/autism?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MutantKitty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2014, 9:27 am

Hi everyone,
I have tinnitus quite bad, so sometimes I get quite annoyed with my ears ringing consistently and quite loudly.
What other things do you have? Do these other things affect your autism/aspergers in a negative way?

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2014, 10:15 am

I have been told I have a non-cancerous brain tumor. It could be an AVM, I dunno- I'm confused because only the doctors have explained the scan results... and I'm better at reading things and asking questions after if I'm confused.

Anyway, whatever-it-is causes me to have confusion, poor attention span, poor memory, fatigue.

That sort of thing makes me perform even more poorly in social situations. It also actually forces me to stay in my own world. Its depressing.

MutantKitty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2014, 10:57 am

That sounds like it really sucks...
But in saying that, you are still alive, so be glad for that I suppose.
The way that humans are going with bionics and stuff you might be able to get it fixed up one day. Although yours is worse, I always think that with my tinnitus, no cure right now but one day there probably will be.
Same thing goes for those people without limbs or senses, one day that kind of issue should be fixable.

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 5:41 pm

Type-2 diabetes, and mild hypertension.

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 5:31 pm

at present, tinnitus, astigmatism, allergies to dander and pollen, arthritis, ADHD inattentive subtype, a touch of tourettes, avoidant personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, auditory processing disorder, occasional aural and visual migraines, aches and pains, dust and disorder.

ouroborosUK
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2014, 7:11 pm

Severe anxiety, like many other people with ASD. Its severity depends on the circumstances in my life. When I am in a good phase it is just a light veil that makes life globally more tiring and my brain less effective, and most of it goes away if I focus on something I really enjoy. In the worst moments I really can't do anything except staying in my room and being scared.

Apart from this and on a more medical level, mild speech impairment, asymmetric myopia, and recurring digestion and bowel problems. As a child, I used to have a benign heart arrhythmia (it didn't cause me any health issues and disappeared at about 16 years old but it caused an insane amount of worrying and stress to my parents and myself), and aerophagia which gave me extremely painful crisis.

A bit obsessed with vocabulary, semantics and using the right words. Sorry if it is a concern. It's the way I think, I am not hair-splitting or attacking you.

StuffedMarshmallow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2014, 2:21 am

I may have memory loss, bad attention span, and I drive past things and take wrong turns all the time. I can't drive with medium to loud music, it needs to be quiet or I become easily frustrated and I become stressed and I don't feel relaxed or safe when I drive. I never show that I'm angry around people, but I feel mad a lot, so I may be passive aggressive, I'm not sure. I care about grades so much to the point that I can spend five hours in a college tutor center studying just to get a B.