Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 3:58 am

Is it harder for Aspies, nerds and socially awkward types to date the same sex?

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 9:48 am

It's harder to date, period.

I could certainly see why it would be harder being gay and having ASD.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 9:51 am

It would be FAR harder to stomach dating people I have no desire to be with and can't relate to than it is to find someone I can relate to.

I tried dating men before I came out and it was so much worse than anything I have done in dating the womyn I have dated. My main trouble is just in finding dates where I live.

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 4:47 pm

If someone is obviously gay then it is easy for them as everyone knows they are.

For a male that is gay, bi, or curious and acts like a straight (Hetrosexual) person it is harder because everyone pressumes that they would like a girlfriend.
So not only do they have the worries about asking someone out, but also that if they ask out a member of the same sex that they may get a homophobic response. And also that that person may tell other people and that as a result people that used to be friends won't like them anymore.

My personal opinion is that gender is irrelevant. If 2 people love eachother what does it matter if one has a penis & the other a vagina, or both have a penis, or both a vagina. Love is Love.
Love is being willing to sacrifice oneself for someone else so that they may prevail.
Gender is irrelevant in my opinion, as it is the person inside that is important.
Whether they are a good person or a bad person.

Just the SAME WAY that God sees us.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2014, 7:11 am

Well, I've never dated females, so I can't really do a fair comparison, but I've always got on better with guys. I expect dating would be harder if I were heterosexual.