Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:03 pm

Dear God.

I hate your humans. I hate your Planet Earth. I hate your universe. I hate your healings. I hate your laws.

If you want to prove you are a "good deity", a benevolent God, who wishes everyone their best, I'd like you to answer my simple question:

Why the F****** did you create the Universe in the first place?

If you, God, don't want to destroy the universe, then give me your throne, and I shall destroy your silly universe. I want darkness, not light.
I want complete and utter darkness. I don't want your healings, I don't want your cures, I don't want any of that sh*t, except for one thing:

I want your power. Your power to destroy the entire universe in less than a second.

I never asked to be born. If you want me to exit, why do I have to do it myself then? Why don't you just kill me in an instant?

Last edited by thinkinginpictures on 05 Mar 2014, 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:08 pm

I see you could be having a bad day. Whenever I get discouraged I think about how lucky I am to be alive. The odds of experiencing consciousness in the universe are dismal indeed. You are one of the rare ones who get to. So look around and be amazed at what you see! It's the mystery that surrounds consciousness, what the universe has blessed you with!
It's yours to think about, read about, delve into, contemplate and understand, then experience self induced ecstasy. You have heard about religious ecstasy, my friend, since you seem to be feeling hopeless if your letter is sincere, I will let you in on a little secret. Contemplation is the pathway to this feeling of religious ecstasy experienced by many mystics including myself. So start thinking about the mysteries of existence and you will feel better. Do not take it for granted. Open your eyes. I used to think all stars burned silver then I really looked at the night time sky. You can, too!
Best wishes.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:09 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I see you could be having a bad day. Whenever I get discouraged I think about how lucky I am to be alive. The odds of experiencing consciousness in the universe are dismal indeed. You are one of the rare ones who get to. So look around and be amazed at what you see! It's the mystery that surrounds consciousness, what the universe has blessed you with!
It's yours to think about, read about, delve into, contemplate and understand, then experience self induced ecstasy. You have heard about religious ecstasy, my friend, since you seem to be feeling hopeless if your letter is sincere, I will let you in on a little secret. Contemplation is the pathway to this feeling of religious ecstasy experienced by many mystics including myself. So start thinking about the mysteries of existence and you will feel better. Do not take it for granted. Open your eyes. I used to think all stars burned silver then I really looked at the night time sky. You can, too!
Best wishes.

These are kind words of a true naive optimist post. Mine is not. I never asked to be born.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:14 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Best wishes.

These are kind words of a true naive optimist post. Mine is not. I never asked to be born.

You have to get away from how you are thinking now and enter another state of mind :)

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:18 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Best wishes.

You have to get away from how you are thinking now and enter another state of mind :)

I don't hate God. I hate his creation of the universe!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

The universe and all things in it are beautiful,but the humans that infest one planet are sort of annoying at times.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:28 pm

delete

Last edited by thinkinginpictures on 05 Mar 2014, 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:29 pm

You can look at this several different ways.

Some of the more radical strains of Christianity say that this world is ruled by Lucifer (Satan) and those in positions of power serve Lucifer, and that is why there is so much suffering in this world.

Buddhism says that desire (I understand this as materialism, or being ruled by the desire for material wealth) is the root of humankind's universal suffering, and walking the Middle Path between hedonism and denial (of material things) is the way to escape the cycle of death and rebirth.

Jesus also said that one can not serve both God and Mammon ("Mammon" is money and/or materialism) and that one has to choose. Again, some Christians recognize that choosing to serve God will earn persecution from those who serve Mammon. Jesus also said that the rich man is barred from Heaven, because he served Mammon rather than God, and advised people to treasure their relationship with God over money. This is the basis of the saying "my treasure is in heaven".

One thing that is practically universal in religion is that each of us is born with a purpose or goal in living. You just have to find it. If you kill yourself, you have defeated the purpose you came here for, and will either go to Hell (Christianity) or be punished via reincarnation (Buddhism) for it. The WP user "OliveOilMom" recently posted in The Haven about her friend's recent suicide. Go and read those posts.