How to force the brain to creative scientific work

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 5:38 am

I am a Polish, I'm 27 years old, I am a student graduate majoring in "Information science and Library Science"

My problem is that I should start writing my thesis, but I prefer to play on the computer in my favorite games mainly (New SimCity, The Sims 3 and Kerbal Space Program)

How to force the brain to do something that absolutely does not want to,
In college, I got good grades, I have a 4.2 in Poland we have scale from 2 to 5

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 6:38 am

Simple,

Erase the computer games from your hard disk, then defrag it.

Then break the thesis writing down into smaller more manageable lumps, do one each week.

Bear in mind that writing a thesis is hard, but me and many other people on the wrong planet have done it. For example LabPet recently finished off her thesis (She is now postdocing).

All PhD students have to go through the pain of thesis writing, you should regard it as a time when you will become more intellectually mature. You will learn some things and get some new insights while writing the thesis (I hope).

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 11:33 am

Woodpecker wrote:
Simple,

Erase the computer games from your hard disk, then defrag it.

No, Not this :(

It's cruel, I do not know how I would withstand, without tormenting my Sims and Kerbals :D