Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 4:22 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
billiscool wrote:
to khaoz-I should be more clear,I said kids,ok,High school kids
should have the choice to choose,if they want to learn creationist.
I never said creationism should be force on kids.
so,khaoz,why can't creationism,be an Optional class

How about being included in part of a class like theology, philosophy, christian studies, anthropology, cultural studies, or world religions class?

I could care less if teaching about creationism is part of an appropriate class, but I have some serious issues with it being included in any science class at all.
It is the reasoning behind the teaching of Creationism in school that I object to. Creationists want it taught because they believe it makes them morally superior and that teaching kids this "Jesus died for your sins" theory will make them more compliant human beings, less violent, less problematic to society. It has nothing to do with how human beings have come to exist. It has everything to do with control, through guilt. Religion is losing ground in the world, at least Creationist religion, and its advocates are feeling the loss of control. They associate that with crime and violence. Creationist feel their belief threatened by the teaching of evolution, and they are trying to fight back using semantics. They are not being honest about their motivation. That is what I object to. I see it every day, religious advocates insisting that if we get "God" back into schools, society will be a better, safer place for all of us. And there is nothing to substantiate this claim. It is fear mongering. Guilt pimping. Its what religion does best. But you don't see them teaching Religion. They want to teach THEIR religion only. Because America is a "Christian nation." That is the bottom line right there. Put Christian Creationism right in public school along with revisionist history.. MAKE people believe, Guilt people into believing. What next? Public flogging for those who do not comply? I have told about my life being threatened online simply for not believing, I am viewed as a threat to public safety and security. Not because of anything I have ever done to anyone, but simply because I refuse to believe.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 4:33 pm

I get the impression that if creationists get their way, the kind of Christianity taught in schools would be of the evangelical variety, while mainline Protestants and Catholics would be left out in the cold, because they usually aren't driven by the imperative to dominate secular society.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 5:15 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_4hnGzUkuQ[/youtube] God creatith this statue the train horn honking!Though shalt not worship false idols or thal shalt feel thine wrath of gods holy train horn!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 10 Mar 2014, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 5:20 pm

Thank you. That made me laugh today.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 8:30 pm

billiscool wrote:
to khaoz-I never said creationism should be force
in schools,but be an Option class.
Yes,I think kids should learn evolution,but I also
believe that Creationist have rights too.
and that kids should have the rights to choose if they want
to learn creationism or Not.

First of all: its not about what "the kids believe". The concensus among adults the world over is that kids dont know enough to believe in anything. No nation allows children to vote. And no one of any creed in any nation believes that education should be guided by "what children believe".

you're misstating the issue.

Its what the PARENTS of certain children in the school system believe that is the issue.

Second: no one is stopping the parents of any child in america from teaching their children about Creationism. Parents who believe in young earth creationism are free to do so-on their own time.

you're saying that the Tax Payer should subsidize the teaching of Creationism in the public school. So...WHY?

I realize that you're only it as an elective (nonmadatory) course. But why even that?

And if the public school system were to do that then: why NOT also teach the creation myths of the American Indians, of Hinduism, and the ancient Babylonian Creation myths.

If you're advocating teaching the Old Testament (perhaps alongside the Greek Myths, and the Iliad and the Aenied)in a LITERATURE class- then thats fine. But I dont see why you would teach the OT as a science (even as an elective) because it isnt science.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 8:31 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
billiscool wrote:

How about being included in part of a class like theology, philosophy, christian studies, anthropology, cultural studies, or world religions class?

I have no Problem with that

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 8:50 pm

Still no answer to the question of why Creationism should be added to the curriculum of any public school in America that is taxpayer funded? It is religion, plain and simple, no matter what semantics are used to make is sound scientific, including the fact that the "Science of Creationism" is a fabricated "science" with a predetermined bias, which makes it not science at all. It is simply an insidious attack on the Theory of Evolution by people who have no honour and no integrity. It is faux science, with an agenda. The agenda has nothing to do with science, which is my objection. You have a group of people wanting to talk about religion, based on a moral perspective, and they are being dishonest about their motives. That is called LYING. There is a Biblical Commandment which says that is an act of sin. Therefore, lying hypocrites. This is my objection. This lack of integrity by people who claim to be the authorities on morality Stop trying to upskirt the First Amendment.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 8:53 pm

billiscool wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:
billiscool wrote:

Neither does the US Federal government.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 8:58 pm

khaoz wrote:

Still no answer to the question of why Creationism should be added to the curriculum of any public school in America that is taxpayer funded? It is religion, plain and simple, no matter what semantics are used to make is sound scientific, including the fact that the "Science of Creationism" is a fabricated "science" with a predetermined bias, which makes it not science at all. It is simply an insidious attack on the Theory of Evolution by people who have no honour and no integrity. It is faux science, with an agenda. The agenda has nothing to do with science, which is my objection. You have a group of people wanting to talk about religion, based on a moral perspective, and they are being dishonest about their motives. That is called LYING. There is a Biblical Commandment which says that is an act of sin. Therefore, lying hypocrites. This is my objection. This lack of integrity by people who claim to be the authorities on morality Stop trying to upskirt the First Amendment.

so,evolution is still there,why you so afraid of creationism be an Optional
class,or mix in with religious study.Agenda,oh,evolution has agendas
too,it called racism,sexism,nationalism. People use evolution for agenda too.

I don't believe evolution is bad,but people use evolution to promote
hatred too

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:08 pm

LKL wrote:
billiscool wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:
billiscool wrote:

Do you seriously think Creationists are going to allow the teaching of other religions in taxpayer funded public schools? It will become a war zone where words are the missles. It is not their objective to teach Creation Science (as they call it). Anyone who believes that is a fool. I would not want a child taught in that environment. If I had a child there would be some home schooling going on if this destruction of intelligence were to be allowed. Look around this society and tell me Creationists have integrity and credibility? Their agenda has nothing to do with teaching love, which is what their religion is supposed to be based on. People cannot seriously be that blind. They want to dismantle the education system completely. They want to instill that this society is founded on Christianity, period. It has nothing to do with Origin of Species. They are at WAR, because they are losing ground. This is guerilla warfare. They don't just plan of Creationist students challenging teachers of the Theory of Evolution. It is there intention to SCRIPT those challenges. That is not teaching kids to use critical thinking skills. That is EXPLOITING the innocence of kids. It is manipulative. It is dishonest. And it is obvious to anyone really paying attention.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm

to khaoz-

I never said kids have to learn creationism.I never said it
should be force on kids,or evolution have to be banned.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:20 pm

billiscool wrote:
khaoz wrote:

so,evolution is still there,why you so afraid of creationism be an Optional
class,or mix in with religious study.Agenda,oh,evolution has agendas
too,it called racism,sexism,nationalism. People use evolution for agenda too.

I don't believe evolution is bad,but people use evolution to promote
hatred too

Teachers do not use evolution to teach hatred. Not collectively. And any teacher who does should be fired. No one is afraid of Creationist teaching. It is that Creationism is RELIGION. You still don't understand the First Amendment? You see how you used those words? "Why are you afraid?" Is that a representation of Gods Love? That is a tool to intimidate people into allowing what you want by making them feel weak if they do not allow your challenge. That is the dishonesty of Creationism. Why are you not satisfied to teach YOUR kid Creationism, in CHURCH or at home, where it belongs? Evolution theory is not challenging or threatening Creationism. Creationists are manufacturing a battle that does not exist in order to promote their own agenda, which has nothing to do with educating kids. It will destroy our ability to compete in the world of science and economics. I don't think you even understand how important the science of Biology that is part of the Theory of Evolution has contributed to the world in which you live. You are seriously blind to reality.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 12:17 am

khaoz wrote:
LKL wrote:
billiscool wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:
billiscool wrote:

Do you seriously think Creationists are going to allow the teaching of other religions in taxpayer funded public schools? It will become a war zone where words are the missles. It is not their objective to teach Creation Science (as they call it). Anyone who believes that is a fool. I would not want a child taught in that environment. If I had a child there would be some home schooling going on if this destruction of intelligence were to be allowed. Look around this society and tell me Creationists have integrity and credibility? Their agenda has nothing to do with teaching love, which is what their religion is supposed to be based on. People cannot seriously be that blind. They want to dismantle the education system completely. They want to instill that this society is founded on Christianity, period. It has nothing to do with Origin of Species. They are at WAR, because they are losing ground. This is guerilla warfare. They don't just plan of Creationist students challenging teachers of the Theory of Evolution. It is there intention to SCRIPT those challenges. That is not teaching kids to use critical thinking skills. That is EXPLOITING the innocence of kids. It is manipulative. It is dishonest. And it is obvious to anyone really paying attention.

Depends on the state and the school district. For example, Berkeley High School is pretty liberal and includes Comparative Religions as well as a host of other classes that I wish I'd had access to in high school.
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/informat ... e-catalog/

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 12:57 am

khaoz wrote:
Thank you. That made me laugh today.
Though art welcome! Muahahahahhaa!! !! :twisted:Image

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList