Would you like to Police acted more strongly

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:06 am

Or in other words whether you want to police were more like Judge Dredd :D

In my country, Poland, police rarely use their weapons, it's because the Polish regulations on the use of weapons by officers are very restrictive. The officer must submit to the prosecutor and their supervisor a detailed report of each use service weapons, and often they are treated as suspect.
Whereby the Polish police very rarely decide on the use of firearms, even in a situation where it would be appropriate, because they do not want to do paperwork.
What's the consequence that our criminals feel that they are in charge.

Sometimes I wish that our Polish policemen acted as Russian or American police "shoot first ask questions later" :D

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:12 am

Police is not about being member of an "Judge Dredd" - carneval group, but about doing a very responsible and delicate job. And for every job of that kind, there is always the rule "FIRST thinking, then acting." You should definitly trained to think very fast toward your jobs situations, but as everyone doing a responsbile job, you should not consider to act before thinking.

So no, low payed and low trained US wannabe Sheriffs, shall stay where they are, and if US people prefer to live in fear from their policemen its ok. I´d rather appreciate to respect them.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:45 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
Or in other words whether you want to police were more like Judge Dredd :D

In my country, Poland, police rarely use their weapons, it's because the Polish regulations on the use of weapons by officers are very restrictive. The officer must submit to the prosecutor and their supervisor a detailed report of each use service weapons, and often they are treated as suspect.
Whereby the Polish police very rarely decide on the use of firearms, even in a situation where it would be appropriate, because they do not want to do paperwork.
What's the consequence that our criminals feel that they are in charge.

Sometimes I wish that our Polish policemen acted as Russian or American police "shoot first ask questions later" :D

In the US they tend to be heavy handed and trigger happy when it is uncalled for it but timid when there is an actual need for either or both. I think the only remedy,at least in the US, would be fewer cops. We need some but too many are more of a nuisance and a hazard than an asset. Go to Youtube and you can find all the examples you want. WARNING: Some of those videos are rather disturbing.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Mar 2014, 10:06 am

If anything, cutting back on police brutality should be more of a priority.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 11:58 am

pawelk1986 wrote:

Sounds like a recipe for a good time.

Last edited by Stannis on 10 Mar 2014, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CapriciousAgent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Mar 2014, 4:18 pm

I think its situational, but having the police wear video cameras on their person at all times may be beneficial for justifying use of force and punishing abuse of power.