Does anyone in your real life know about wp?

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 3:26 am

Only my mother. She's not a net lover and she respects my privacy, so I'm fine with her knowing. I've also told her about some of the things going on on here. For the opposite reason I don't talk to my father about it. He's online a lot and would probably like to snoop, that's just the way he is.

It also came up slightly with my psychiatrist during my assessment, but that's it.

I would never tell anyone else, nor would I want anyone here to know who I am IRL. It's the privacy of being anonymous that makes it possible for me to be open here.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Jun 2015, 10:00 am

They might of seen me on the site before but as far as I know they're reading my posts

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

Most of them. At least one is a Wrong Planet member. I even have the Wrong Planet T-shirt! :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 10:13 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Most of them. At least one is a Wrong Planet member. I even have the Wrong Planet T-shirt! :wink:

I did not know such thing existed. :P

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 10:30 am

iliketrees wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

I did not know such thing existed. :P

Yep:

http://www.cafepress.com/+wrong-planet+t-shirts

Look for the alien.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 10:36 am

I always wonder if my parents are secretly on WP reading my posts. I would absolutely hate it if they did.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 10:52 am

My therapist might, except she doesn't know this site itself, so she can't read any posts.

My mom knows nothing about my net life. No one IRL knows my net life. xD

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 11:15 am

Rocket123 wrote:
Just my wife, my kids and my therapist.

My wife and kids see me glued to the computer all the time, with the very recognizable WP forum layout. They tell me, “are you on WP again?”.

When I told my therapist about WP, she immediately thought that I have established real relationships with others on WP. When the reality is, I simply share my thoughts for the day and learn about others, who are in a similar situation.

Since I posted above a little over a year ago, my 17 year old daughter discovered my user name and now occasionally refers to me as Rocket Boy. It’s a bit unnerving, as I certainly don’t really want her reading my postings (aka my personal/private thoughts).

Also, since I posted above, I actually met a WP member in real life, when I participated in a research study.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm

My mother does because I talk to her about it all the time. I even once suggested she start going on it so she can talk to other parents with ASD children, but she's not really into such things, going on websites and talking to people she doesn't know, I mean. But it's probably for the best because I'm worried of what she'll think if she reads some of my posts. Even though she doesn't know my user name I'm sure she can tell if something was posted by me.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 1:33 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
I hope not. I like to keep personal things personal.

Same here.

Few people in my class know what Aspergers is. They think it is "what the special needs" have. f**k those pieces of s**t.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

Tia_W
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Aug 2020, 8:01 pm

My therapist knows about it, but not by name. He was the one who encouraged me to find a group somehow. I don't know anybody in irl with autism so I had to look at the internet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 8:41 pm

My answer is the same as it was 6 years ago.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2020, 1:56 am

MY family does, and my psychiatrist idk why i told her about it i can be talkative sometimes. I do't think either have ever been on here. Only person who'd likely even join would be my brother and he want's nothing to do with it. It'd be funny if sometime in the future my brother decides to join :lol: I'm fairly positive that they've never been on here and if they do they don't browse it regularly. I dont' really share my problems with peopel ein real life and i don't think i'm read to to either. It's probably better that way anyway. If people in my real life browsed here it'd be alot harder for me to feel free on here cause whatever i say here can't affect ym real life cause i don't knwo anyone IRL here. Would be pretty funny if one of the 5 people on the high functioning end of the spectrum i've met were on here though.