How many Asexual/Aromantic Aspies here?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:11 pm

DragonsandDemons, go at your own pace. Not everyone is in a hurry to have relationship. At least you are taking your time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:25 pm

Sometimes, in a way, I wish I were Asexual. I think I would have done better in school and in life had I been asexual.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 9:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sometimes, in a way, I wish I were Asexual. I think I would have done better in school and in life had I been asexual.

I still have obsessions that are problematic in that regard - they just don't involve sex. I had a very hard time controlling my obsessions (primarily The X-Files, at the time) at college, it absolutely affected my grades.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 1:06 am

I guess I could be Asexual it is confusing with all these different labels, I've never been romantically inclined even when I read books and watch movies I just couldn't imagine myself in that sort of situation, I hated it when people i worked with talked about Sex, to me there were other things to talk about.
The thought of people kissing with tongues going is revolting to me.
I wouldn't like being touched in certain areas either.

I hope I wasn't being to crass about it.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 5:18 am

I've had sex with three lovely people and tried hard to enjoy myself but my attraction to the experience just wasn't there. I think it's more than a case of finding "the right partner".

I'm fine with people discussing sex and sexual relationships. I just know that it isn't for me. I have known since I was a kid but as I grew into an adult I thought I should do the "normal" thing.

I'm asexual and aromantic. I don't think I will have another relationship.