2 Things That Work Together Against Me

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 5:35 pm

This morning, I was talking with my boss. I'd just had 2 days of sick with a splitting migraine. As I was telling him about it, I became acutely aware of 2 of my Aspergian traits that work well together at working against me. They are:

1) difficulty in making eye contact;
2) why use 10 words to explain something when you can use 40 or 50;

Both of these work together to make it look like I'm lying and the more you become aware of it, the worse it gets. In the end, I feel like I'm in quicksand just waiting for someone to throw me a rope - so I can hang myself.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 6:03 pm

Yes, with non empathetic people who don't know me well, I can pretty much identify, within the moment, when they become my enemies due to a misunderstanding.

delaSHANE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 6:13 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
This morning, I was talking with my boss. I'd just had 2 days of sick with a splitting migraine. As I was telling him about it, I became acutely aware of 2 of my Aspergian traits that work well together at working against me. They are:

1) difficulty in making eye contact;
2) why use 10 words to explain something when you can use 40 or 50;

Both of these work together to make it look like I'm lying and the more you become aware of it, the worse it gets. In the end, I feel like I'm in quicksand just waiting for someone to throw me a rope - so I can hang myself.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Holy cow I can completely relate to this!