Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 12:23 pm

The 2nd trailer, and better one, is right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acRHWnfZAE

So between Spider-man and this my May is set to be an awesome month, as far as movies go. Discuss.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 5:06 pm

I plan on seeing it. But here's a question - I thought Prof. Xavier's body had died, and his mind entered into the brain dead guy. Was that conveniently forgotten? Or is this movie taking place prior to that event?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 5:12 pm

Is this another comic book idea bought off by chronically uncreative Hollywood idiots? I hope a hurricane destroys all the set and props. This is sacrilege. We don't need every story from every form of fiction ever made to be a freaking movie. Next they'll be making poems into movies.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 5:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I plan on seeing it. But here's a question - I thought Prof. Xavier's body had died, and his mind entered into the brain dead guy. Was that conveniently forgotten? Or is this movie taking place prior to that event?

This is a sequel to The Wolverine, which in itself was a sequel was to X-Men the Last Stand. As far as I can tell he must've transferred his mind from the "dead" guy to a new body, or had a twin all along. Maybe there's an explanation in the movie.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 5:30 pm

starkid wrote:
Is this another comic book idea bought off by chronically uncreative Hollywood idiots? I hope a hurricane destroys all the set and props. This is sacrilege. We don't need every story from every form of fiction ever made to be a freaking movie. Next they'll be making poems into movies.

Actually, the schlock king, Roger Corman, years ago had made Poe's The Raven into a movie. It sucked, needless to say.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 5:31 am

They said it follows up on X-Men: First Class as well as X-Men: The Last Stand and The Wolverine. Therefore, two time periods will be joined together or at least it will span through them.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 8:14 am

Basically everyone who was in First Class and the other X-Men movies will be in this one. If you've read the comic book story, you should have a good idea of where this will be going, though there's some changes that I can pinpoint immediately without the movie having come out yet.

timburtonrocks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2014, 2:11 pm

This film was great .

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2014, 3:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Once you start messing with time travel, you can change a lot of things. Chief of which is that Wolverine might have been sent back from an alternate future to ensure their chain of events doesn't come to pass.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 3:25 pm

If anyone is confused by the post-credits scene in X-Men: Days of future Past, it shows the X-Men supervillain Apocalypse as a young man. Apocalypse is a 5000 year old mutant in the present time, originally an ancient Egyptian worrier called En Sabah Nur, which is what those people were chanting. He was also the first mutant ever born.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 1:47 am

Jono wrote:
If anyone is confused by the post-credits scene in X-Men: Days of future Past, it shows the X-Men supervillain Apocalypse as a young man. Apocalypse is a 5000 year old mutant in the present time, originally an ancient Egyptian worrier called En Sabah Nur, which is what those people were chanting. He was also the first mutant ever born.

This is also somewhat problematic, considering that En Sabah Nur is a name that was (clumsily) derived from Arabic, while the ancient Egyptians did not speak Arabic, or any Semitic language for that matter.

But yeah, it was an awesome film. I enjoyed it greatly, and I feel that it stayed true to the bare-bones essence of the DofP comics. I was not at all bothered by the things they adapted, or how they used Sunsport, Blink, Warpath, and Bishop.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 8:12 am

CyclopsSummers wrote:
Jono wrote:

This is also somewhat problematic, considering that En Sabah Nur is a name that was (clumsily) derived from Arabic, while the ancient Egyptians did not speak Arabic, or any Semitic language for that matter.

But yeah, it was an awesome film. I enjoyed it greatly, and I feel that it stayed true to the bare-bones essence of the DofP comics. I was not at all bothered by the things they adapted, or how they used Sunsport, Blink, Warpath, and Bishop.

Ironic, because that was the only real gripe with the movie that I had. I know that with so many X-Men that not everyone will have time to develop but just a little more screen time with a few more lines of dialogue wouldn't have hurt.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 12:53 pm

micfranklin wrote:
Ironic, because that was the only real gripe with the movie that I had. I know that with so many X-Men that not everyone will have time to develop but just a little more screen time with a few more lines of dialogue wouldn't have hurt.

True enough, but there's a window of probability that the actors may reprise their roles in future movies, in which the Sentinel-rule timeline had never come to pass. Still, even if we get to see a well-rounded Warpath and Blink, there's the minor issue of Sunspot's power set being completely different (i.e. being a pyrokinetic instead of absorbing solar energy).

One related thing that bothered me, was the absence of Havok and Banshee (I'm not going to spoil how that came about, for any WP posters who haven't seen the film yet), especially since if they had brought back Havok and Banshee along the course of the film, it would feel like a reunion of the First Class team, a proper return of the X-Men as a superhero team in the past, and it would have allowed for great Sentinel fight scenes, since Alex and Sean are far better equipped to fight giant robots than either the Beast or bony-clawed Wolverine.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 8:00 am

CyclopsSummers wrote:
micfranklin wrote:

True enough, but there's a window of probability that the actors may reprise their roles in future movies, in which the Sentinel-rule timeline had never come to pass. Still, even if we get to see a well-rounded Warpath and Blink, there's the minor issue of Sunspot's power set being completely different (i.e. being a pyrokinetic instead of absorbing solar energy).

One related thing that bothered me, was the absence of Havok and Banshee (I'm not going to spoil how that came about, for any WP posters who haven't seen the film yet), especially since if they had brought back Havok and Banshee along the course of the film, it would feel like a reunion of the First Class team, a proper return of the X-Men as a superhero team in the past, and it would have allowed for great Sentinel fight scenes, since Alex and Sean are far better equipped to fight giant robots than either the Beast or bony-clawed Wolverine.

Oh, I hate the bone clawed Wolverine too. His presence is just so more badass when you hear the sound of his metal claws just come out.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 3:21 pm

Best and darkest X-Men movie yet!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2014, 4:03 pm

timburtonrocks wrote:
This film was great .

It sure was. :)