Page 1 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

DeuceKaboose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2014, 8:44 pm

I have a pretty bad fear of vomiting (myself or other people) and I start panicking when someone even mentions that they are feeling sick/Have a pain in there stomach

ToJaFro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2014, 9:20 pm

That's a weird phobia ;o! Sick doesn't bother me at all...

My phobia is: Bees and wasps (wasps more so)...

I have never been stung and always sprint like Usain when I hear one buzzing around my head... The annoying thing is that my fear is frequently 'activated' as for like six months of the year they are everywhere.. It's such a bad fear to have as they're the most mobile things on the planet, they pose a threat (sting in eye potential blindness).. Could scream and fly down throat and repeatedly sting oesophagus (throat swelling dead cya).. Could fly up nose and sting brain and increase level of autism, haha.

But yeah man, weird phobia! Good thread.

Sona_21
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2014, 9:59 pm

mummies and corpses kinda freak me out, I'm sorta getting over it. Also I hate rollar coasters, though I don't think that is bad enough to be a phobia.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 10:57 pm

I'm somewhat of microphobe, and I find that parasites, viruses, and other infectious pathogens in particular tend to freak me out.

Also, while I don't have a problem with gory movies or video games, for some reason the idea of donating blood or going through dialysis makes me want to pass out. Like, I literally start feeling physically woozy, as if I'm actually having large amounts of blood leaving my body. I'm even having trouble typing this right now. It's worse when I hear people describe it in detail, or I see pictures of dialysis equipment.

Last edited by mr_bigmouth_502 on 27 Mar 2014, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 11:03 pm

Heights, though I can fly in airplanes without a problem.

fadomakar
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2014, 11:52 pm

I'm also terrified of vomiting! It used to be at the level of an actual severe phobia where I was barely eating for fear of throwing up and I'd frequently avoid going places if I thought I was likely to see someone get sick (like amusement parks), and I passed up a lot of opportunities to do fun things and travel because I was scared of motion sickness. I traveled to China when I thought the phobia was relenting and ended up spending most of my time there having panic attacks because I was scared of eating contaminated food (I lost 12 pounds in 2.5 weeks from just not eating)!

Over the past year or so though, it's gotten to be FAR less severe. I'm still petrified of throwing up and if I feel particularly nauseous I still tend to panic, and I still really freak out if someone throws up near me, but it's not interfering with my life that much anymore.

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2014, 2:20 am

People usually + their judgements, being in deep water (without a boat etc.), answering phones, being scrutinized, gender roles.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 5:33 am

I have claustrophobia.

I also have a phobia of burst pipes.

I think the two are related because when I was a kid someone locked me in a pitch dark room and all I could here was dripping water.

I've never screamed so much in my life.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 5:50 am

I have claustrophobia as well.

I also have a fear of falling.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 6:08 am

Vomiting is not a weird phobia, it is a common phobia.

I have 4 phobias:-

Spiders
Vomit
Snow
Humiliation
Death

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 6:39 am

Joe90 wrote:
I have 4 phobias:-

Spiders

Arachnophobia
Quote:
Vomit

Emetophobia
Quote:
Snow

Chionophobia
Quote:
Humiliation

Sociophobia
Quote:
Death

Thanatophobia

They all have names! There is a phobia for EVERYTHING!

And I agree that fear of vomiting is not weird. As I have stated before, I ahve it myself, ever since a traumatic experience with stomach flu.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 7:43 am

i also have a vomiting phobia, don't even like typing the word, its caused many panic attacks over the years

it is surprisingly common although I have never met anyone with the same problem.

I maintain that I would rather have a fear of spiders or another animal, with vomiting phobia you are basically terrified of something that you can't run away from, terrible. :(

Arcnarenth
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2014, 9:07 am

I have a fear of heights coupled with a fear of tall buildings and vaulted ceilings. It's like I can "see" myself at the top of said building or ceiling and that freaks me out.

I was in Union Station in Washington, DC for senior trip in high school and spent most of my time freaked out hugging the walls. The floors are marble and highly reflective so I could see the ceiling just by looking down. Ugh, still get a bit dizzy and anxious thinking about it... :cry:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 9:18 am

franknfurter wrote:
i also have a vomiting phobia, don't even like typing the word, its caused many panic attacks over the years

it is surprisingly common although I have never met anyone with the same problem.

I maintain that I would rather have a fear of spiders or another animal, with vomiting phobia you are basically terrified of something that you can't run away from, terrible. :(

I work at a care home (as a cleaner), and although spiders make me feel sick with fear, I'd still rather there to be an infestation of spiders coming in the home and having to get rid of them, than having a vomiting bug going around and having to clean sick up.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 9:51 am

Tornadoes.

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 10:09 am

Parasitophobia and Trypophobia here. :pale: -shudders-

Even talking about parasites triggers my OCD in severity.

I once spent £100 on threadworm medicine, cleaning products and new bedding because I thought I got threadworm, turns out I didn't, but I'm easily triggered like that by the thoughts of parasites.

-goes off to clean self thoroughly-

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.