Page 7 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 7:57 am

I was afraid of the Moon and planets until I was well into my adolescence.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 9:56 am

I hate tailgating, too. Some days, traffic is almost bumper-to-bumper where I live.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 12:09 pm

ToJaFro wrote:
That's a weird phobia ;o! Sick doesn't bother me at all...

My phobia is: Bees and wasps (wasps more so)...

I have never been stung and always sprint like Usain when I hear one buzzing around my head... The annoying thing is that my fear is frequently 'activated' as for like six months of the year they are everywhere.. It's such a bad fear to have as they're the most mobile things on the planet, they pose a threat (sting in eye potential blindness).. Could scream and fly down throat and repeatedly sting oesophagus (throat swelling dead cya).. Could fly up nose and sting brain and increase level of autism, haha.

But yeah man, weird phobia! Good thread.

Emetophobia, which is the fear of vomiting, is more common than you think and it's not really that weird. I have had a bad fear of it that got especially horrible during my late teens and twenties. Yeah, I get it, no one likes to throw up. No one likes going to the dentist either but not everyone has a phobia where just the thought of the dentist's office makes them want to run away screaming. Emetophobia also makes me look like a jerk. Well a bigger jerk than usual Instead of feeling bad for someone with stomach flu I just want to say "Okay bye!!", and then run off and jump into a tub full of iodine. It also makes me nervous to be around infants and children because they are famous for puking a lot, often without any warning. I'm also afraid to go on planes and boats and take medication where nausea is a side effect or get surgery or eat unusual foods or drink alcohol or become pregnant - although emetophobia isn't the *only* reason I avoid those last two things.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 12:40 pm

xenophobia, agoraphobia, chorophobia, iridophobia, arachnophobia, enochlophobia

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

I have had quite a few phobias. But I'm just going to list a couple of the more relevant ones.

My biggest one is definitely fire. I feel extremely nervous when I see or smell something burning, and bad images enter my head. I can't bring myself to strike matches, click lighters or hold candles. I think what also doesn't help is that I hate heat as well and don't want to get burnt. This is something that I would like to get over because I want to learn how to cook when I'm older.

I've never really liked birthdays - as a little kid I dreaded them. The absolute worst part for me was the Happy Birthday song, whether it was sung to me or to someone else. Even now, I'm still not 100% over that. While I can sorta put up with hearing it when instrumental, I never sing it myself, and when I hear loads of people singing it slowly, I start shaking and just want to leave the room.

myaspielife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm

Driving on the highway, either as driver or passenger.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:47 pm

Panophobia - Fear of everything.

Just kidding.

The normal stuff.

Arachnophobia, acrophobia, claustrophobia. None of them are bad enough to cause me any problems, but they seem to be getting worse with age.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:52 pm

animal germs on my person. :eew:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 12:42 pm

I'm surprised by how many people are afraid of spiders. I like spiders because they eat many harmful insects like flies and mosquitoes and spin beautiful webs. And reading Charlotte's Web certainly helped.

But then again I live in a part of the world where most spiders are harmless to humans. Some other places aren't so lucky. Like in Australia where telling kids not to be scared of spiders is about the same as saying, "Pet this wild Bengal tiger, he won't hurt you." :jocolor:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:05 pm

a brown recluse almost killed my dad, and since my lack of memory for names and faces extends to non-humans, i treat all spideys as potentially dangerous to me, and when i see one inside my house i put it in a cup and take it outside. but if it's a skeeter or fly or bee, i am crueler, i dispatch those without hesitation, if they are inside my tin can.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was afraid of the Moon and planets until I was well into my adolescence.

What did you think that the moon and planets would do to you?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:20 pm

Fear of socializing, vomiting, centipedes, bees/wasps, and while spiders dont freak me out it is annoying to be bitten by them and I kill any I see. For every spider i see there are prolly 10 more i dont see.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:22 pm

since an otherwise adorable little french poodle named "pierre" rudely awoke me by sticking its tongue into my mouth, i can't handle dogs licking me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
since an otherwise adorable little french poodle named "pierre" rudely awoke me by sticking its tongue into my mouth, i can't handle dogs licking me.

What did you expect from a French poodle?

Of course he would give you a French kiss!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:28 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

What did you expect from a French poodle? Of course he would give you a French kiss!

haha :lol: of course my naïve 12-year-old self could not have known that, even if I had been in a sophisticated family.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

What did you expect from a French poodle? Of course he would give you a French kiss!

haha :lol: of course my naïve 12-year-old self could not have known that, even if I had been in a sophisticated family.

Talking of poodles , I've had one cock it's leg and fill my ear with warm urine when I was kid ( watching TV lying down ) , The absolute shame and embarrassment I felt was worse than the dog piss , I cried for hours.

The only real phobia I have is ...... even typing the word makes me feel queasy but here goes anyway slugs :eew:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard