Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 4:05 pm

I also read this book and found it to be very informative and a very good explanation to me about myself and why I seem to be so different, weird, freaky or whatever other word you want to use compared to most people I've met.

It was reading this book that caused me to decide yes, Asperger's Syndrome probably is what explains my social awkwardness; more than introversion, more than my Meyer's Briggs personality type (ISTJ), more than being of a "Peculiar People" (I get this from the Bible, okay, it says Christians are called out to be a peculiar people), more than being raised by wolves.

I wasn't really raised by wolves, but I was raised by a mom who never understood why the other ladies didn't include her at the same social status levels they had. She might be on the autism spectrum, too, but she isn't very open to exploring that possibility.

Anyway, what I opened this post to say is this:

Tony Attwood's Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome is an excellent resource. I really, really, really wish I could find an Aspie's Complete Guide to Neurotypicals that was half as good because I don't understand "normal" people!

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support