Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 6:53 am

Remember last year when the dopemans brother lived here? I said he was kind of slow? Anyway he actually just got diagnosed with autism, he's 26 and does't have anywhere to live. He now lives in my diningroom. He's a nice kid though, he's a bit annoying and all but I like him. I told him I had it too and he was unbelievably happy about it. I've never had someone react to me having AS like that, but he's now very much wanting to talk about it. That's ok. I'll talk his ear off.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 7:06 am

He's lucky you were around to take him in, it's perfect, then he has a place to live and can talk on and on about autism. :)

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 9:53 am

That poor child just sat here and cried to me about how he's been treated and how his mother is doing him about his son. The kid didn't have a place to live for weeks and didn't eat for days. The boy thats living here, not his son, his son is taken care of. I told him "Honey, it sounds like everybody just threw you away" and thats when his tears started. I sat by him and petted on him and hugged him and let him cry and kissed him on top of his head and I told him "Me and Mr Brian will NEVER throw you away!" He just sort of fell apart after that. He actually asked me "Does Mr Brian love me?" I told him of course he does. My husband always asks if that kid ate and has clean clothes and all when he lives here. He's never even had a father. He's like 24 or 26 or something, and has a 6 year old kid who his mother has custody of but won't let him see because he doesn't have a job and can't give her child support. He's only recently been dx'd but I knew something was wrong with him from the get go, last time he lived here. Poor kid, when I told him I love him and that we all do he just fell apart even more. He said nobody's said that to him in years. It broke my heart. He actually asked me to be his Mama from now on. I said of course I will! There is no way you can tell some poor crying kid who asks you to be his mother that you won't be! Poor baby. He heard me on the phone this morning with my mothers doctor and he got up out of bed to hug me. I swear to God, whoever threw that child away needs to burn in hell. He's very loving and very sweet. Yes, he's slow and yes, I think he's more autistic than aspergers but at least he now knows whats going on with him. I also hooked him up with a lawyer a few minutes ago on the phone (Shunnarrah Mindsigh lol) to sue his mother because she's saying horrible things about him to the baby. I think there is something for real wrong with her too., and not like whats wrong with us. She's got a mean thing going.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 1:43 pm

OMG! I am totally speechless. OliveOilMom, you have just gained a few thousand points for doing all of this. I am simply astonished beyond belief to read this. You must really be an angel here on earth!

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 2:22 pm

You are an angel Olive Oil Mom and your husband as well. And I know he will be a total blessing your family. You may have saved his life.

Wreck It Ralph

Last edited by skibum on 03 May 2014, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 5:39 pm

I'm no angel. I've known that kid for a while now. I'm not letting any kid go without a roof over their head or food in their belly. He's stayed with us before, last year I think it was. His brother came over today and was all crying fake tears about how he couldn't let him stay with them and even hugged me and all, cause of the situation with my mother. I was nice.

I know exactly what I'm getting myself into letting him stay here. I've had to yell at him for walking around in his underwear, for laying on the couch and jerking off, for not picking up after himself, for downloading crap on the computer, for leaving a freaking flood on the floor in the bathroom, for constantly going on and on and ON about some conspiracy theory BS, etc. However, he does usually mind and stops what I tell him to stop when I tell him to.

I'll gladly put up with s**t like that so he's not thrown away. Somebody's gotta love him. His own mother won't, and thats a horrible, horrible thing for her. He was shocked that i still had his clothes from the last time he lived here, clean and folded in the laundry room. He was actually bending over backwards last night to try and NOT take the blanket I gave him and told me he doesn't need sheets on the mattress he's sleeping on. He's so unused to any comforts of home or people caring about him that it's just insane.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 5:45 pm

You may not be an angel but you are his angel. you are a really good parent and he is lucky you and Brian are there for him. Sometimes I feel like my husband and my oldest brother are my angels because of how much they help me and are there for me. My brother will discipline me whenever he thinks I need it, Key word is "thinks" I need it, :D, but it is all out of love and I know that. But the relationships I have with him and with my husband have changed my life and even saved it a couple of times so I think of them as my earth angels.

Wreck It Ralph

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 7:42 pm

They all just got back from the grocery store, the boys. My husband, my son and the guy. I was sitting here online trying not to be sad over the phone call from the nurse saying that my mom is going, and Kevin knew about the phone call. He was here when I got it. He hugged me and s**t. So anyway, for real, JUST NOW when I was reading that response they had just got home from the grocery store. My husband had given him some money so he could get him something if he wanted on top of the supper and all. So I'm sitting in here all sad and all of a freaking sudden there is this huge ass spoon with what I thought was mashed potatoes and gravy shoved in my face. It was kevin. With a spoon. No. It was the ice cream he bought. Thinking it was mashed potatoes I opened up and then I was surprised by the cold of it. I was yelling "OH MY f*****g GOD KEVIN" because I like to br prepared for eating cold things, which I wasn't, and he was dancing around literally like a little monkey saying I got you I got you, it's cold! He bought 4 things of ice cream and a large Mtn Dew Code Red with the money my husband gave him. I'm giving him some Benadryl tonight. or a f*****g Xanax.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 7:44 pm

He wasn't being mean. He thought ice cream might make me feel better.

It actually kinda did when I got over the shock of FROZEN FOOD IN MY MOUTH, because it had crunchy bits in it.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 7:50 pm

That is actually pretty cute and sweet. I can picture him wanting to make you smile and feel better and like a little child that is what he thought of. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. That must be very difficult for you. Here's a really big hug from me and my husband. I know my brother would give you one too.

Wreck It Ralph

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 11:18 pm

This sort of gives me an idea; have people on the spectrum move there one by one, building a new room or a Tuff Shed for each person, and before long we'll finally have the Aspietown we've been dreaming of. I'm jelly about the whole situation actually

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 11:21 pm

2wheels4ever wrote:
This sort of gives me an idea; have people on the spectrum move there one by one, building a new room or a Tuff Shed for each person, and before long we'll finally have the Aspietown we've been dreaming of. I'm jelly about the whole situation actually

LOL! No! I'm trying to get kids out of the house. He's here because he has nowhere else to go. Eventually, when all the kids move out, then the house will be clean all the time! Yay for clean!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 11:33 pm

LOL! My mom told me they were so happy when we all finally left. They got their own lives back! They still call us ALL THE TIME though! :D I'm like, "Mom, Dad, things are the same they were three days ago the last time you called. Get a life!" :D Gotta' love 'em, they really are awesome.

Wreck It Ralph

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 11:39 pm

skibum wrote:
LOL! My mom told me they were so happy when we all finally left. They got their own lives back! They still call us ALL THE TIME though! :D I'm like, "Mom, Dad, things are the same they were three days ago the last time you called. Get a life!" :D Gotta' love 'em, they really are awesome.

Well, my oldest son moved back in, put the diningroom table in the attic and put couches and a bed in there. He stayed here a month maybe. Now he lives at the lake with my mother in law and all them. So, there's my son's furniture still in the diningroom for this kid. My youngest daughter who is 17 and in high school still lives here of course, but so does my 19yo son and his gf and my 20 yo daughter and her bf.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 11:41 pm

Oh my goodness, that is a house full of kids! I can understand why you cherish the clean! I'll bet you love any alone time you can manage to get too,

Wreck It Ralph

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 2:25 pm

Well, I think he's in jail. He had his probation that he was on and he hasn't been going because he didn't have the money for it. I'm sure they drug tested him, and he's smoked weed with other folks (no, he doesn't buy it himself he doesn't have the money - he doesn't even have money for cigarettes) and I'm sure they locked him up. He hasn't come home yet so I guess he's going to do time. I'll have to call up there later on and see whats going on with him. Just wanted to update ya'll.