Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2014, 4:25 pm

If there is one category of person that I've never been able to communicate successfully with, it's the NT trans person. All I end up getting out of such people is hostility, argument, blaming, shaming, putting down, and every other single evil in the book. Nothing rewarding ever comes out of my communications with them. I cannot think of a single NT trans person, online or off-, in which I can say I have had even a partially successful interaction.

I'd say that autistic trans people, as well as trans people with mental illnesses, need to keep that in mind. I think it might have to do with the stigma of mental illness; basically, NT trans people do not want to be labelled mentally ill just for being trans, so when they come across a trans person they know who has actual mental illness, they are scared of the association and want to make the person disappear from their sight and to vigorously deny any association with them, presenting themselves as the good guys, the sane trannies, verses those crazy mentally ill trannies.

We need to stand up to NT trans people and call them out for this s**t!

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2014, 5:51 pm

beneficii wrote:
If there is one category of person that I've never been able to communicate successfully with, it's the NT trans person. All I end up getting out of such people is hostility, argument, blaming, shaming, putting down, and every other single evil in the book. Nothing rewarding ever comes out of my communications with them. I cannot think of a single NT trans person, online or off-, in which I can say I have had even a partially successful interaction.

I'd say that autistic trans people, as well as trans people with mental illnesses, need to keep that in mind. I think it might have to do with the stigma of mental illness; basically, NT trans people do not want to be labelled mentally ill just for being trans, so when they come across a trans person they know who has actual mental illness, they are scared of the association and want to make the person disappear from their sight and to vigorously deny any association with them, presenting themselves as the good guys, the sane trannies, verses those crazy mentally ill trannies.

We need to stand up to NT trans people and call them out for this sh**!

*Applause*

My friend is a gay man and he doesn't really like the other LGBTQ people around him. In the area he lives, they are pretty rude. If you aren't the type to go sleeping around or admit you have problems, they reject you. And he's NT!

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2014, 6:16 pm

Similar with me.

I'm really annoyed at my local NT trans community trying to act like I'm just like them. I'm not.

They continually assume that I have the:
same interests
same politics
same life experience
same childhood
same experience with being harassed and persecuted as them
same problems with day to day life and being trans

I'm nothing like them.

When I disagree and point flaws out, I'm marginalized away or ignored.

There are nice NT LGBT folk so long as I don't interact with them beyond basic social necessity and at this point that suits me.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2014, 6:31 pm

stardraigh wrote:
Similar with me.

I'm really annoyed at my local NT trans community trying to act like I'm just like them. I'm not.

They continually assume that I have the:
same interests
same politics
same life experience
same childhood
same experience with being harassed and persecuted as them
same problems with day to day life and being trans

I'm nothing like them.

When I disagree and point flaws out, I'm marginalized away or ignored.

There are nice NT LGBT folk so long as I don't interact with them beyond basic social necessity and at this point that suits me.

They should be HAPPY you weren't marginalized like them! In this world, if a trans person isn't persecuted, that's a good thing!

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2014, 7:25 pm

[Thread locked due to hate speech.]