Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Xenocide
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2014, 10:17 pm

Hey, just wondering how many Aspies are atheist. This isn't a jab at Christians, Muslims, or anyone else. I was just wondering how common it is.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 12:11 am

one atheist here.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 12:14 am

Another atheist here.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 12:35 am

I'm an atheist as well, non-religious agnostic atheist to be precise. Yes, it is possible to be an agnostic atheist; it means that you don't believe a god exists, but that it may still be possible.

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 12:37 am

Here.

This thread might not give a remotely accurate number. Though I suspect most Aspies to be Atheist, this thread will probably be bumped until this time next year by "me too!" Atheists (like us) and those among us with beliefs will ignore it through fear of poking a hornet's nest full of pointy good arguments.

Edit: didn't know this was the wee 'uns forum until I posted. Will more carefully inspect 'new post' list for details in future.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 2:43 am

Meh, I consider myself a 20 year old adolescent. It's not uncommon for aspies, and it's becoming more and more common for NTs as well even...

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 4:33 am

When I was younger, I was an adherent of Carl Marx and believed that any religious belief was a delusion of influence and was also the opiate of the masses. I am now a Spiritualist. I now believe that there is a creative energy that some people refer to as God and whatever path they take to make a connection with that energy is fine. I now have more of a live and let live attitude.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 4:38 am

Another atheist here. I don't understand how people can believe religion, let alone fellow aspies. But anyway I respect that. As long as they respect others (almost always not the case)
when I was a child I was crazily religious. Now as a humanist I have honestly never been happier :)
in another WP big poll we found out around 70% were non-religious. In average population it is 9%. HUGE difference!

Alyosha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2014, 6:38 am

I don't believe in g-d, but I am socially religious, and was raised jewish. I don't keep kosher but I do a lot of things for religious holidays and I go to temple semi-regularly because I enjoy the community.

TheWebbz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2014, 10:20 am

I don't believe in a god or one of the big religions, but I'm open to believing in something

It was always cold, no sunshine
---
Your Aspie score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 61 of 200

Hazwold
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2014, 7:23 pm

Yep, Atheist and Humanist here *tips hat*

WellThatsDantastic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2014, 6:28 pm

I was crazy into Catholicism and Judaism for 90% of my childhood, but I'm pretty much agnostic now.

RJDG14
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jul 2014, 5:19 am

Well I'm an atheist. Most other people that I know with Asperger's Syndrome are either quite religious or quite secular.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 6:00 am

Agnostic atheist.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 11:29 am

I'm a Unitarian Universalist, even though my parents would refer to me as Catholic. I'm just too liberal and feminist for that. I used to be Agnostic but I still believe in the paranormal and Wiccan stuff and I'm into Buddhism and some Christian stuff so I have decided to just follow my own spiritual path.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 5:51 am

Not traditionally religious; but I do still have supernatural beliefs.

Atheism is not believing in any gods or deities. I do not believe in any gods or deities of any form.

I am however a supernaturalist; naturalist; paranormal believer and spiritual believer of some sorts.

I am an Australian Aboriginal; an indigenous Australian; and some of us have certain beliefs; religions; of the people; the land; and the ways of knowing and ways of life.

I believe in my own tribes personal religious and spiritual beliefs; but in no way believe of any gods.

So, Supernaturalist and Spiritual Atheist I am.